gregtech-nuclear reactor

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hawkeye

Jul 29, 2019
did someone made a good mk1 reactor using plutonium???

if so please tell me send a pic or something
thanks in advance,

(if not right place please repost)

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Simplest way to do this would probably just be finding an Mk1 reactor design that uses a double uranium cell and then put a single plutonium cell instead, or a double plutonium cell in place of a quad uranium cell.

At least... I think Plutonium produces heat (and energy) twice as fast... You'll want a failsafe in place just in case it's even faster, but i'm pretty sure it's double the speed and double the duration, which means all you're essentially doing to the design is doubling its lifespan before the cell dies.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Yes and no. The heat on that one is perfectly balanced. If you use quad-plutonium, it will overheat and explode. BUT as I mentioned earlier, if you use half as much plutonium as uranium, it should have the same output but with twice the lifespan. In this case you'd want to replace the quad-uranium with a double-plutonium.

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any more maintenance demanding reactors? High tiers? I love creating elaborate systems to get those to work.

ZiggyD90

Jul 29, 2019
Got one: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...cv1v40dnemv48j4v0fknhu6zu6ar2irvnajw26mpimfwg
Not tested, but according to the system it should work. o_O

Lol that's a fun one.

If you look at the planner there is a pull down menu that says general information, if you select condensator and replacements information it shows this setup using 11,668 Redstone :D

Here is the Setup Direwolf20 uses in his Let's Play Server series

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...huzcn6pw5iwcv9l17gdfus1kstulqxgigg1zl73grp1q8

If you substitute in Dual Plutonium instead of Quad Uranium, you get 96Mil EU generated at 240 EU/t instead of 64Mil EU generated at 320 EU/t.

Hawkeye

Jul 29, 2019
the output of thorium isn't correct, for a thorium reactor you make the normal reactors with uranium,
as thorium acts the same but just lasts 5 times as long