Gregtech homes

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm planning on moving homes in ftb ultimate and just wanted to see some of your ideas for inspiration I'm completely stuck :D

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
What I did (in creative I might add) was use the filler to create a huge tower out of stone bricks. I then manually added floors and teleporters between each floor. Although I think that the elevators from open blocks are cheaper if you have them. I then filled it with whatever I wanted.

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
I build on platforms which I don't usually see. Here what my platform looked like from last season let's play.

Would of been bigger but monster came around and so new let's play and now a new platform.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Actually platforms and 9x9s seem to be two of the more common go tos for many folks that and the old one huge room bases.

But still kind of a nice layout you got there.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've never quite understood the one room base design myself. I like to either compartmentalize or seal my base rooms. That way I always have a retreat location should I walk into a room and find a creeper or zombie there.

This is mine. Holds everything but a Distillation Tower and Implosion Compressor. Didn't build the first, and the second is on the back side of the mountain. Power comes from Thermal Generators and High Voltage Solar Arrays.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
platforms are great except for the ocassional falling death
But usually when people build platform bases in modded MineCraft, they already have access to flight options and/or at least some variation of damage mitigation from falling.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Unless of course you're busily building along the edge and aren't watching your power consumption...

That's why I always keep a pair of longfall boots equipped when building in the sky, or nanosuit boots and, their quantum equivalents.

I like to build my bases inside of landmarks, such as giant mountains. It gives them a more natural, disguised look when viewed from the outside. It can even discourage griefing during server play. You can hide quite a bit in those mountains.

Autocrafting: http://i.imgur.com/JCnP473.jpg
Everything is spaced out on a grid, with plenty of room left for Greg's large multiblock structures and, the pipes often required to automate them. If you're an organized person you can do what I did and, label your gridded chart with each machine's purpose.

Ore processing: http://i.imgur.com/Y9z9uYB.png
I decided to compartmentalize everything that runs continuously such as ore grinding food cooking and, rubber production from resign.

There's plenty of space: http://i.imgur.com/46HyR9n.png
This is just one of ten floors not including the basement. Auto-processing with Gregtech installed can get quite large.

Power generation, storage, processing and, my personal room all live on a different floor. Working within the mountain's irregular shape has been pretty fun thus far, give it a shot. If you're a better builder you can make a rather pretty factory.