Gregtech cfg files, NEI, and playing on servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandantjones

Jul 29, 2019
I edited a couple things in Gregtech's cfg files for my own single player world, one thing of which is some of the 'hard' recipes, like IC2 machines, but now when I play online, NEI is showing the 'easy' recipes, and the machines show in the crafting table when I place down the 'easy' recipe, even though the server is set to 'hard.' I can't actually craft them the easy way, of course, but shouldn't Gregtech, or NEI, or whatever, be reading from the serverside cfg files??? I've edited other mods' cfg files and not had any problem with online play... Did I totally mess things up forever?

Deva1980

Jul 29, 2019
NEI looks for recipies found on your own computer. To avoid conflicts your configs should match the servers configs. You can just copy the server configs onto your own pc to fix it.

commandantjones

Jul 29, 2019
NEI looks for recipies found on your own computer. To avoid conflicts your configs should match the servers configs. You can just copy the server configs onto your own pc to fix it.

Ok, how do I do that?

Also, why is this a feature? What if I had the default config, and the server had GT on easy mode? And I feel like in the past I've seen people edit recipes for mods on their server, and NEI reflected that just fine...

Seems like configs should always be serverside, for SMP...

Status
Not open for further replies.