Greg's "Hard Mode" changes, without Gregtech ?

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want all the extra doodads and quite all of Greg's changes that come with Gregtech for yet another new pack I am building. I DO want reduced durabilty on wood and stone tools, and for wood/plank production to be boosted once machines are available.

I found a mod that does the wood thing, and with Tinker's Construct, I can nerf/disable vanilla tools, but the nerf is too much, as is diabling as some tools are needed for some recipes. I know Minetweaker can fix the recipe part. But what I'd really like is to just reduce the durability of stone & wood tools only, and certainly not all the way down to just 2 each. I'd also like to leave metal/diamond ones intact as well.

so...
Does anyone know of a way to alter durability of tools ? Perhaps a mod with configs akin to stacksize adjusters or something...? idk..thats why i am asking. I use Minetweaker 2, and from what I can tell it doesnt have such functionality for newly created tools' durability to be lowered each time, overall. Perhaps someone familiar with MT3 could tell me whether or not it has any such abilities ?

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
I believe minetweaker allows you to make it so that you can create damaged tools, so you could just have wooden and stone tools be made half-damaged when created. That could also allow for something like making a stone pick with smooth stone gives you more durability on the tool.

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I believe minetweaker allows you to make it so that you can create damaged tools, so you could just have wooden and stone tools be made half-damaged when created. That could also allow for something like making a stone pick with smooth stone gives you more durability on the tool.
That is what I was hoping, but I can't figure out how to do it...
remove the vanillas recipe
add the new recipe, but with NBT data and it will come out half damaged ?

But then would i be able to repair them back to normal duability levels ?
That isn't ideal but it *could* work I think...
*dramatic music* to the minetweaker wiki/tutorials @

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Being able to repair the tools back to normal levels would not be too much of an issue anyway as by the time you can repair stuff you would have moved on to iron or better tools.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
That is what I was hoping, but I can't figure out how to do it...
remove the vanillas recipe
add the new recipe, but with NBT data and it will come out half damaged ?

But then would i be able to repair them back to normal duability levels ?
That isn't ideal but it *could* work I think...
*dramatic music* to the minetweaker wiki/tutorials @

Maybe you could try iguana tweaks mod. It helps with reducing stack size, and make less plank from wood etc2. Just google it :D. It's only 1.6.4 though not yet 1.7.10

Reactions: Sigma85

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I got it and Hunger Overhaul and TicTweaks. I hope the guys that picked up his mods keep em updated. I'm waiting for everything to make it to 1.7.10 before leaving 1.6.4 anyways. Heck, I liked Thaumcraft 2 so much I stuck with 1.2.5 for several months...lol...Love them portals and lightning rune seals...lol...

I am dabbling with TerraFirmaCraft, but its missing the depth of my packs. No larger goals or higher tiers like the tech/magic in alot of packs. I also like stuff like Twilight Forest and Better Dungeons to give me some sense of adventure and take a break from building sometimes...

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I should just get Gregtech back ? I swear that my game is waaay slower with it though, and minecraft takes about 5 minutes to LOAD with GT installed for some reason. I hate the idea that anyone can just take cobblestone and dig straight to bedrock with GT, using Iguana Tweaks, I made stone incredibly tough, however I now find myself annoyed with needing it for many recipes and it taking an entire minecraft day to get simple things like a wall for my tiny cabin. Greg's Bronze Age Jackhammer could really help here. Anyone know of a good alternative ? I was thinking maybe Minetweaker could make a new powertool somehow through IC2 that can mine stone and only stone quite fast, but only have charge for around 40 - 50 blocks max...Im not sure where to begin though, as MT can't actually create new items/blocks and I have no experience with MCreator or anything like that, and i'm not 100% positive MT can even do this, since all I know of is new macerator type/style recipes (Item A = Item B (no NBT data etc), not actual durability "charging" adding ones...

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Well you could install it again since the part where greg's making everything harder sorts me out :p makes it even more challenging on creating machines. And yeah it takes longer since if you take a look at the console it will said that greg tech will try doing something with the ore dictionary that makes it longer to load.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
The claw thingy from Dartcraft can only mine stone as a pickaxe, however it is also a really fast shovel and axe. And a sickle. Also Dartcraft adds a ton of other things that I doubt you would want.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Maybe I should just get Gregtech back ? I swear that my game is waaay slower with it though, and minecraft takes about 5 minutes to LOAD with GT installed for some reason. I hate the idea that anyone can just take cobblestone and dig straight to bedrock with GT, using Iguana Tweaks, I made stone incredibly tough, however I now find myself annoyed with needing it for many recipes and it taking an entire minecraft day to get simple things like a wall for my tiny cabin. Greg's Bronze Age Jackhammer could really help here. Anyone know of a good alternative ? I was thinking maybe Minetweaker could make a new powertool somehow through IC2 that can mine stone and only stone quite fast, but only have charge for around 40 - 50 blocks max...Im not sure where to begin though, as MT can't actually create new items/blocks and I have no experience with MCreator or anything like that, and i'm not 100% positive MT can even do this, since all I know of is new macerator type/style recipes (Item A = Item B (no NBT data etc), not actual durability "charging" adding ones...
In 1.6.4 I used tabula rasa and cofh world gen to populate the depths with a "dense stone", which has a slower mining speed, so wood and stone tools struggle with it. OreDict it to normal stone so it's usable in recipes.

Reactions: Sigma85

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6.4 I used tabula rasa and cofh world gen to populate the depths with a "dense stone", which has a slower mining speed, so wood and stone tools struggle with it. OreDict it to normal stone so it's usable in recipes.
Good idea ! And thanks for requesting that, I'm surprised we got it so quickly and it works like a charm ;) That doesn't really give me a GT jackhammer replacement, but I could make a layer of normal stone just below the surface to use for some basic cobblestone, and then have the new harder stone beneath that, preventing quick/easy tunnels to the depths. It would also stop me from stripping out large areas for cobble which just gets ugly. But how to get ores to generate in the new tougher stone ?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I added the hard stone gen to the very end of WorldCustomGen.txt. Since it only replaces stone, this ensures all the ores generate, and most of the remaining stone in the depths is replaced, with a greater concentration the deeper you go. You'll never get all the stone though.

Code:
UNIFORM    golHard3    2700    11    8    32    0    48    TRUE
UNIFORM    golHard2    2700    11    16    24    0    32    TRUE
UNIFORM    golHard1    2700    11    32    16    0    16    TRUE