Gregs-Config-Change 1.4.5

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
ConstantEnergyMachine=true -> false

This option makes the GregsTech machines require maximum energy-input for a whole process. If they get less for a tick the process will reset and start over again. If you supply a machine like a blastfurnace with just 20 EU/t the progress-bar will just flicker. Since this behavior is completly different than normal Machine-Behavior people will believe this to be a bug (even morvy does). If set to false the Machines should behave like normal machinery and could be used with less than the maximum EU/t.

ncreen_same

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's good this way, more motivation to set up more complicated machines, you can use all kinds of systems to turn gregtech machines off when they would not have enough power, so why not do it?
Isn't the point of this mod pack to make complicated awesome machines? I guess that is just my opinion, and I don't mind changing it back my self, but my preference is that more things to do is more fun.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
Even though i love the hardcore nature of the mod, i believe it best to have the modpack keep it off, so as to prevent the incumbent shitstorm that would follow, the mod's only explanatory block, the Computer, require vast amounts of resources (from a mid game perspective) and is not applicable for the situation. (i too was quite confused until i perused greg's wiki.)

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Ah this config; it's pretty easy, just put a suitable storage unit next to the said machine (i.e, MFE next to Blast Furnace or Batbox next to Centrifuge..), and connect your MFEs to your main storage units (MFSU->MV Transformer) ....

Reactions: MrZwij

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
Shrug, even so, it does not fit with the power system that default Ic2 uses, my belief is that it should be unified, make all machines act like this, or none. Does anything ingame aside from the computerblock tell you that they require constant power? if not, i would suggest leaving it off. a number of people have already reported it as a bug, not knowing it was a feature.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Shrug, even so, it does not fit with the power system that default Ic2 uses, my belief is that it should be unified, make all machines act like this, or none. Does anything ingame aside from the computerblock tell you that they require constant power? if not, i would suggest leaving it off. a number of people have already reported it as a bug, not knowing it was a feature.

I think he added it since v.2.08d (1.4.2), that's probably because he coded his Industrial Blast Furnace and Grinder to work that way (need constant amount of 128 eu/t to work even before the change was applied) so he made all of his machines work the same way at later version (but as usual you still can disable it in the config, not a big deal)..
http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Change Log

What I believe to be the biggest change is that in the latest version you need to process the newly added Iridium Alloy Ingot in the Implosions Compressore + 8 ITNT to make Iridium Plate ..

Actually what GregTech really need is a unified config to choose EASY, MODERATE or HARD mode..

makeshiftwings

Jul 29, 2019
He should split it into two separate mods. One would be "GregTech Additions" which could have all his new toys like the lightning rod, centrifuge, etc., and the other would be "GregTech Rebalancer" which could have all his changes to other people's mods. I don't think anyone has a problem with the additions; it's all his "fixes" for everyone else's mods that most people find annoying.

If he won't split it, then there should be one simple setting in the config for "Disable ALL changes to other people's mods" and it should include all of the changes he made, even the ones he thinks are "too important" to let the user disable.

huldu

Jul 29, 2019
"GregTech Rebalancer" which could have all his changes to other people's mods. I don't think anyone has a problem with the additions; it's all his "fixes" for everyone else's mods that most people find annoying.

Not a huge fan of his "fixes" but I like the idea behind the mod. Most of his "fixes" towards other mods basically just involves increasing the time it takes do something.

Reactions: Flipz

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Ah this config; it's pretty easy, just put a suitable storage unit next to the said machine (i.e, MFE next to Blast Furnace or Batbox next to Centrifuge..), and connect your MFEs to your main storage units (MFSU->MV Transformer) ....

The problem at this point is that with the setting set to true, the machines seem to be buggy. Although he added a marker to inform people that the machine needs more energy, which somehow renders my suggestion about the config a bit obsolete.

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
Don't normal vanilla furnaces lose progress when you stop supplying them with fuel?

@kevin: so use splitter cables or turn off the MFE output or such Oo

@makeshiftwings: you realize that stuff like lightning rod was partly rejected because it would be totally OP without a rebalance?[DOUBLEPOST=1355580773][/DOUBLEPOST]
maybe they should go read about the mods they use

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
maybe they should go read about the mods they use

You see, this would require common sense, which many players seem to lack. (i'm looking at you tekkit converters XD) Kidding aside, there are a number of similarities that may lead to a new player thinking that it is essentially the same as what they've played before. It took a good 30-40 minutes of reading about each of the mods before i had any idea what any of the items did. (aside from the Use function in NEI)

makeshiftwings

Jul 29, 2019
@makeshiftwings: you realize that stuff like lightning rod was partly rejected because it would be totally OP without a rebalance?

I've found that GregTech fans think pretty much everything in the game is "totally OP", so I'm fine with that. Anyone worried about everything being OP could just use his rebalancer mod along with it.

Excalibur42

Jul 29, 2019
He should split it into two separate mods. One would be "GregTech Additions" which could have all his new toys like the lightning rod, centrifuge, etc., and the other would be "GregTech Rebalancer" which could have all his changes to other people's mods. I don't think anyone has a problem with the additions; it's all his "fixes" for everyone else's mods that most people find annoying.

If he won't split it, then there should be one simple setting in the config for "Disable ALL changes to other people's mods" and it should include all of the changes he made, even the ones he thinks are "too important" to let the user disable.

This.

This, so much.

I first saw gregtech when I saw it in the mod list for FTB, after a bit of researching I was like Lightning rods! :) Fusion Reactors!:) But then I get to the game and I try to make a normal mining drill.....:mad: steel?!

I really just want the awesome stuff and not the recipe changes and I'am sure a lot of people agree. It'd just make things better and quell like 75% of arguments on GregTech. And lets not forget how bloody awesome Lightning Rods are...I mean...LIGHTNING RODS.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019

This.

This, so much.

I first saw gregtech when I saw it in the mod list for FTB, after a bit of researching I was like Lightning rods! :) Fusion Reactors!:) But then I get to the game and I try to make a normal mining drill.....:mad: steel?!

I really just want the awesome stuff and not the recipe changes and I'am sure a lot of people agree. It'd just make things better and quell like 75% of arguments on GregTech. And lets not forget how bloody awesome Lightning Rods are...I mean...LIGHTNING RODS.

Totally agreed. If I wanted my Minecraft experience to be super-hard I'd just set the world to Hardcore. Anyway, GregTech's "fixes" to make things "balanced" are really just "annoyances" that make building things "tedious".

Granted, the steel thing in particular wouldn't be SO annoying if there were some way to make Blaze Rods/Blaze powder without stumbling across a Nether Fortress; we can get Nether Brick from Compressing netherrack in an IC2 Compressor, and we can get Slime Balls from Forestry's bees (Propolis and Pollen), so why can't we get Blaze Rods from (say) 8 Irradiant Uranium surrounding a Bucket of Lava or something?

And anyway, part of the fun of FtB is being able to take many different routes to do something: if I don't like Quarries, I can build a turtle instead; if I don't want to spend days digging for diamonds, I can macerate a stack of coal and compress it into diamonds myself. GregTech takes some of the fun out of FtB with its "fixes", and, as Sonic the Hedgehog would say, "that's no good."

I've found that GregTech fans and its creator think pretty much everything in the game is "totally OP", so I'm fine with that. Anyone worried about everything being OP could just use his rebalancer mod along with it.

Added missing info. :D :p

Excalibur42

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that GregTech fans think pretty much everything in the game is "totally OP", so I'm fine with that. Anyone worried about everything being OP could just use his rebalancer mod along with it.

I do agree with some things GregTech changes such as the water mill and solar panel recipes, if you didn't already know solar panels are damn expensive in real life and renewable energy power generation in the real world is quite a fair bit more expensive than the usual fossil fuel infrastructure, so the recipes in some way reflect that. And getting energy from the sun is OP anyway, unless its difficult to have that technology in the first place which is what GregTech addresses.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I do agree with some things GregTech changes such as the water mill and solar panel recipes, if you didn't already know solar panels are damn expensive in real life and renewable energy power generation in the real world is quite a fair bit more expensive than the usual fossil fuel infrastructure, so the recipes in some way reflect that. And getting energy from the sun is OP anyway, unless its difficult to have that technology in the first place which is what GregTech addresses.

The point of IC2 solars were that you needed a ton of them to be of any real value. Early on they were fine for a couple machines then you'd have to keep adding more and more which eventually became fairly expensive. It was always generally "cheaper" to make some of the others(Geo for example) but needed more attention which is what people didn't want to give. Solars offer free energy but very very little and to get enough for later you needed TONS of them which is what truly balanced them.