Google Plus and Names

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Google Plus can be disappointing sometimes. Apparently, my name is not a "valid" name. Jonathan Spirit. I don't see anything wrong with that name at all. Possibly, it looks at Spirit as a dictionary word and not a valid last name and so turns it down. I'm making an appeal. Anyone else have this issue?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
huh, my name on G+ is Vike Step :) i wonder why Jonathon Spirit didn't work.

if google was a hospital...

Father: I think we shall name him Johnny Spirit
Doctor: oooh, not sure about that one,
Father: Well can I call him vike?
Doctor: Why not??

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, I'm using this as one of the proofs that Jonathan Spirit is my actual name. I don't feel comfortable at all giving them birth certificates or other things like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: lavarthan

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
but but... its not like you are gonna link them to this forum, right... what difference does it make...

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
but but... its not like you are gonna link them to this forum, right... what difference does it make...
What do you mean? I directly linked them to this post. And also my profile on the No Topic Forums. If they scroll down they'll see my sig with my actual name on it. Problem solved.[DOUBLEPOST=1384665357][/DOUBLEPOST]
Speaking of names, what's your IGN? I need to add you as a beta user on the AT Launcher. You don't have to do any beta duties, it's just there for you.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean? I directly linked them to this post. And also my profile on the No Topic Forums. If they scroll down they'll see my sig with my actual name on it. Problem solved.[DOUBLEPOST=1384665357][/DOUBLEPOST]
Speaking of names, what's your IGN? I need to add you as a beta user on the AT Launcher. You don't have to do any beta duties, it's just there for you.
1. Why could you not have just said, "my real name is Johnathon Spirit", I am perfectly sure that Google would accept that and not need proof on a forum that you created...
2. No, I told you that I was quitting AutoMagical. But I am sure you can take a stab at the dark and guess my IGN

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
1. Why could you not have just said, "my real name is Johnathon Spirit", I am perfectly sure that Google would accept that and not need proof on a forum that you created...
2. No, I told you that I was quitting AutoMagical. But I am sure you can take a stab at the dark and guess my IGN
You can't just put that there. You have to post links,
2. You son't have to do any beta testing things, I'm just giving you access to any and all future betas.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! They didn't accept my appeal! Seriously! What kind of thick-headed loonies look at my name and say, "That's not a real name" after I've very clearly stated that Jonathan Spirit is, in fact, my name? Rant over.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! They didn't accept my appeal! Seriously! What kind of thick-headed loonies look at my name and say, "That's not a real name" after I've very clearly stated that Jonathan Spirit is, in fact, my name? Rant over.
Google is not very intelligent
I managed to create youtube account called ThatOneSlowking though

Reactions: whizzball1

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't mind giving my real name to google, I do hate however not having the full option to prevent others from seeing my real name...