Good Mashine Layout

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Faytix

Jul 29, 2019
I want to get started on my base and wanted to ask what Mashines and Blocks i would need. (mainly IC² and BC)
So I'd like to have an nuclear reactor and a few solar array's for IC² and some magmatic engines in BC.
What Mashines are to have and how many would you recommend?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Mashines for potatoes right?

You'll want to start off with the ones that process raw materials more efficiently (macerator/pulveriser/induction smelter/extractor/furnaces/smeltary), and from there whatever ones you make the materials you want to play with. [extruder/precipitator/woodworker/assembly machine/assembly table/centrifuge/matterfab/multifarms ect] (look up the recipes for resources in NEI/check wikis).

Amount of machines needed depends on how many resources you process, and to what degree you want to automate things.
If they cant match throughput then just build more.

Reactions: Faytix

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Yeah start with the basics, macerator/pulverizer and any of the powered furnace types, then add more as you find you need them.

I tended to build some of the fabrication machines only when i wanted an item that needed them (carpenter and rolling machine, for example).

I ended up with something like this:
machines.jpg

That all runs off IC2 solar panels with power converters for the MJ machines. It lasted me up until the point I moved my production of stuff over to an ME Network (the ME stuff and assembly table is in another room to the right of this one).

Reactions: Faytix

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going to have EU (IC2) and MJ (BC) power, then here's what I would suggest.

Pulverizer- Better ore processing than macerator because it can give you extra ingots.
Induction Furnace- Fastest smelter in the game
Magma Crucible- Melts redstone for Redstone Energy Conduits to optimize your power
Liquid Transposer- Fill those Conduits
Extractor- Needed for IC2 recipes
Compressor- Need for IC2 recipes
Canning Machine- Not sure if implemented in 1.5 but will be needed for uranium in 1.6
Induction Smelter- Creates hardened glass for energy conduits
Mass Fabricator- create dat UU matter

Optional for other mods using MJ Power

Carpenter- Needed for many Forestry recipes
Centrifuge- Process Bee materials
Squeezer- Used to get liquids like seed oil, honey...
Fermenter- Get a production of Biomass going
Rolling Machine- Railcraft, needed for Iron Tanks
Any MFR machine- they run of MJ and can automate close to everything in the game.

Another plan if you have a load of power and no use for it, create an Applied Energistics Network to automate and process everything you own.