Good, but overlooked 1.7.10 mods?

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Greetings, everyone!
So, the deal is: I've been looking for 1.7.10 mods for a while now, because of... Reasons (Please ignore sig); I really would like to know if there's any new cool-looking, or just neat new mods out there, just hidden under the carpet somewhere. Those mods you don't really pay too much attention too, maybe because they're not very well advertised, or maybe you just overlooked them. Those mods, I want to get know some of them.
So, if you have any 1.7.10 mods out there that you like, but most people don't know of, please, post here! It would be cool to see new mods around here in the FTB community for a change; :p

Reactions: Tornado3019

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
This is actually a really neat looking newish 1.7.10 mod for portable liquid options:
Also, can someone share how to put hyperlinks behind smaller phrases instead of a giant url? >.>
Edit: Thanks @Padfoote and @Wagon153
Liquipacks Mod

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I tried it and it crashed; I'm pretty sure that it currently has a hard dependency on pixelmon :p, nope for now.

I haven't tried it yet as I'm still on 1.6.4 but the post doesn't say it requires pixelmon to be able to use it
so it's probably a bug and would be a good idea to report it

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The only tech mod that don't simulate electricity with packet (exept RP2)

From the MCF post it appears to simulate it in a manner similar to ElectriCraft, so it isn't the only mod.

Dolu

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it's the only mod, RP2 use load balancing to simulate electricity => A lot of energy is stored into cable, and when you cut the power suply line you can wait a long time before the voltage fall to zero (very long time)

ElectriCraft use a basic voltage drop over each block, independantly to the current that flow in the cable => packet based

Try the tutorial map, and you will see the difference, the main difference appear into reactivity and electrical signal possibilities that real simulation model offer.

Hmm maybe saying packet based is not the right term

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using it on 1.7.10 for a week now, no crashes yet. But then again, I've no access to RC's beta, since right now RC is only for 1.7.2 so I've not downloaded RC yet.

Reactions: Padfoote

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Electrial Age:
The only tech mod that don't simulate electricity with packet (exept RP2)
From the MCF post it appears to simulate it in a manner similar to ElectriCraft, so it isn't the only mod.

Yes it's the only mod, RP2 use load balancing to simulate electricity => A lot of energy is stored into cable, and when you cut the power suply line you can wait a long time before the voltage fall to zero (very long time)

ElectriCraft use a basic voltage drop over each block, independantly to the current that flow in the cable => packet based
Hmm maybe saying packet based is not the right term

@Reika, would you comment on this? I'm not sure if this is misinformation or not, which I know you have a gripe with.

I've condensed the discussion for your convenience and bolded the key point (because I'm pleasant like that).

Reactions: Padfoote

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
@Reika, would you comment on this? I'm not sure if this is misinformation or not, which I know you have a gripe with.

I've condensed the discussion for your convenience and bolded the key point (because I'm pleasant like that).
ElectriCraft definitely does not use a packet system - it is something like a hybrid of the RF and RC systems - but it is nowhere near what ElectricalAge does, either.

I suspect the assumption that voltage drop means it is packet based comes from the fact the only other mod with voltage drop is IC2, which is packet based.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
ElectriCraft definitely does not use a packet system - it is something like a hybrid of the RF and RC systems - but it is nowhere near what ElectricalAge does, either.

I suspect the assumption that voltage drop means it is packet based comes from the fact the only other mod with voltage drop is IC2, which is packet based.
Thanks for the clarification.

Dolu

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, this assumption was due to that. I mix not realistic voltage/power drop with packet based often.