Glowstone underground?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
So I was mining with my fiancee and we came across glowstone underground. In the normal MC overworld, no mystcraft, no nothing. What is this wizardry?

Edit: Literally just now we came across another vein of it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So I was mining with my fiancee and we came across glowstone underground. In the normal MC overworld, no mystcraft, no nothing. What is this wizardry?

Edit: Literally just now we came across another vein of it.

28yXTee.gif

well, to be more exact... it's Magic Bees. if you dig away the glowstone you'll probably find a beehive concealed within the glowstone

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, no crap! AWESOME. Thanks for the info! I wasnt sure what to make of it so I didn't touch it lol.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Keep an eye out for other "strange veins" such as Endstone and Netherrack, which (surprise surprise) have semi-rare bees from Magic Bees in 'em. Many suggest getting your hands on Endstone this way due to it being great for getting Ender Lilies to grow.(is it actually needed for them to grow? I'd guess no, but I'm likely wrong)

NoPain9

Jul 29, 2019
Keep an eye out for other "strange veins" such as Endstone and Netherrack, which (surprise surprise) have semi-rare bees from Magic Bees in 'em. Many suggest getting your hands on Endstone this way due to it being great for getting Ender Lilies to grow.(is it actually needed for them to grow? I'd guess no, but I'm likely wrong)

Yes and those bee's are quite usefull early on if you can breed it to something usefull, imo. And no it isn't needed to grow the Lily Seeds on, BUT they do grow faster on End Stone.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
And by faster, we're talking seriously faster. Without endstone, those babies grow slow as molasses.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Correction: they grow as slow as molasses on endstone.

When not grown on endstone and compared to a video of a glacier moving, the ender lily growth makes the glacier look like it's faster than a speeding train.

without endstone an ender lily takes 1 minecraft month to grow, with endstone it takes the ender lily 1 minecraft week to grow... so that's about 4x faster with endstone, I'd consider that a whole lot faster

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
without endstone an ender lily takes 1 minecraft month to grow, with endstone it takes the ender lily 1 minecraft week to grow... so that's about 4x faster with endstone, I'd consider that a whole lot faster
So a pretty decent speed increase, but perhaps not gamebreakingly slow without. Thanks guys.