Giving Credit where Credit is Long Overdue

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you who live under a rock, a recent uproar from the MC/Reddit forums has caused quite a load on some modders. Unfortunately, this was the last nail in the coffin for them, hence, they've dropped Minecraft modding entirely in favor of a peaceful life with reality's problems at the forefront.

I believe, and I'm sure others due as well, that they should get a somewhat proper sendoff, thanking them for their "service", so to speak, for giving the community something we've all come to love. I'll start mine here and now, if anyone else would like to chime in down below, that'd be great.

For @mikeemoo, @King Lemming, @pahimar, Cloudhunter, Aise (and anyone who I haven't got word of yet),

I would personally like to thank you for what you've done for the community. You've all given us something that has provided joy to many, many people. Time and time again, you failed to dissapoint, giving away your time, spending it on your respective mods, dealing with all the crap with the community until now. I can't say I blame you for quitting, not with this recent uproar from all the asshats around. You've stuck with us for a long time, never giving up, always putting out the next update. It really is a shame to see you guys leave. You were all fine members of the community and it is quite tragic that you feel that you must leave. I hope that despite all the crap the community has given you, that a few thanks can clean it up. It would be terrible for you to leave despise the community you had once loved. You are all great people and are capable of many things. I hope that the lot of you enjoy the time you now have. Take care and have fun.

Regards,
Democretes

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
I just have to say, it's been an honor being able to have used all of your mods, and I appreciate you all dedicating time to your mods, and it's been a pleasure being able to utilize all the features they add, and I know many here agree. Wherever life takes you, good luck on anything you may choose to do :)

Reactions: Padfoote

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
personal I hope that one day you may come back to modding but it has been fun ride and remember nothing is worth doing unless you enjoy it

Reactions: PhantomRage

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just like to point out that the "drama" recently had nothing to do with KL or Pah retiring from modding.
I'm aware KL has been long awaiting his retirement. As for Pah, I've seen his blog on why he is quitting and I do not doubt that those are true. I'm sure the "drama" didn't dissuade him though.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Mind if someone would pm me the link so I can update myself?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Mike was also already preparing to leave.

I also believe it important that people understand that it's not what the drama was about but the fact that people made such a ruckus over something they perceived to be something they could hang over modders heads.

All in all; words cannot express my gratitude and respect to all modders past, present, and future. I wish you the best in life and goodbye.

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. Appreciated.

As I said on reddit, I've been considering it lately. Part of me wanted to get back into it and I'd been playing with some ideas over the past few days, however, the community reaction made it clear to me that I'd be happier without.

There are some very kind people in this community and many have shown great support, however there also seems to be quite a widespread underlying contempt for modders, especially those on forgecraft, and it can be quite demotivating. As I've said on plenty of occasions, it's not some evil secret society planning ways to upset users - the majority of discussion is dealing with bug reports or talking about ideas they've had that users might enjoy.

Anyway, more modders will come along with great new ideas to replace those who leave. My only hope is that the community gains a respect for each other before nobody wants to take up that role.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Mind if someone would pm me the link so I can update myself?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk
A link for what exactly? I could give you a dozen relevant links but I"m not sure what you're looking for.[DOUBLEPOST=1390787230][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you. Appreciated.

As I said on reddit, I've been considering it lately. Part of me wanted to get back into it and I'd been playing with some ideas over the past few days, however, the community reaction made it clear to me that I'd be happier without.

There are some very kind people in this community and many have shown great support, however there also seems to be quite a widespread underlying contempt for modders, especially those on forgecraft, and it can be quite demotivating. As I've said on plenty of occasions, it's not some evil secret society planning ways to upset users - the majority of discussion is dealing with bug reports or talking about ideas they've had that users might enjoy.

Anyway, more modders will come along with great new ideas to replace those who leave. My only hope is that the community gains a respect for each other before nobody wants to take up that role.
I entirely understand you're decision, and it's sad that there are enough people out there that make you feel that way.

Hopefully the comunity will change. I'd rather not see Minecraft Modding bullied into extinction. Again, I wish you the best luck and good wishes.

Kotaro

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. Appreciated.

For what it's worth, you and the other modders have inspired at least me to work my java skill and create my own mods. I owe a lot to you guys and have a lot of respect, and you've provided me with so much fun over the past year. I want to create my own mod to try to return even a fraction of what you guys have delivered to us all. While it's sad to see so many people retire now, I understand where it's coming from. I wish you guys the best.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
It's the chicken and the egg cycle, all over again. When a great modder retires, new ones will inevitably rush to fill the void, and, in turn, become the great modders.

I'll definitely be sad to see them go, but I understand what it must be like, to have that many people waiting for you to do something.

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
I go away for a week, and modding is dieing? This is scary :confused:

It's the beginning of a new age.

5wTSc.jpg

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you who live under a rock, a recent uproar from the MC/Reddit forums has caused quite a load on some modders.
I don't live under a rock, I just feel that both the MC forums and Reddit are the metaphoric equivalent to cancer.

OT: KL has been talking about his retirement for months now so it's no great surprise, Pahimar obviously has other things on his plate (else we would have had EE3 by now, not being bitchy about it, I'm totally okay with that), Cloudhunter, from the looks of his twitter, is often got a lot of crap on his plate, Mikeemoo I was not expecting, but it's no surprise... honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see any modder come out and say that he/she's done, the credit and thanks they get is paltry and the abuse they get is undeserved.
Sengir I believe is also quitting for good.

So thank you to all the modders who have created these wonderful pieces of art within the game I so dearly love, hope your life is only getting better from here on out.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
OMFG!!!
NFQEn8T.png

IT'S OVER!

I actually toyed with the idea of cpw or Lex quitting and wondering what modding would become.

E: The verdict was plugins and dirt2diamondzzzz/Obsidiantuulz!

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
@ mod authors

I'm sort of a casual mine craft player. I wasn't able to keep up with the news, and hadn't heard about the drama until just now. But I would like to add my thanks to the appreciation being given to mod authors in this thread.

Minecraft by itself was a decent game. Minecraft with mods has made "Modded Minecraft" my #1 favorite video game of all time.

Thank you guys so much for the hard work you do.

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
I as well would like to show my gratefulness and respect towards all of you who together make minecraft an entirely new game! You have given me so many hours of fun and new experiences! I've always been as excited every time there have been a new major FTB Pack released, as I love to see what awesome new content you've come up with. Be it new small items that makes certain tasks a little easier or major contraptions that change the game completely, I like them all as much!

A huge thanks to all of you, no one named, no one forgotten! You know who you are!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.