Getting rid of flux (Creative Mode)

qw6722

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a fast way to get rid of flux from thaumcraft quickly on creative mode? In my test world wisps are spawning everywhere and they are bothering me. I don't want to put it on peaceful because I do tests with golems against monsters. I play the direwolf20 pack. I know that the pack has thaumic bees and extra bees but I don't know how to get those bees in creative mode.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Good question. Maybe try some vis crystals? I think they are called. And then there's always planting a silverwood tree and getting a aura node to spawn. Hmmm. what else. Try doing less magic? :p and if you are doing magic use the warded jars?

EDIT: Try using some pure node bees?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If you really want, you could spawn in a whole orchard of silverwood trees and make your own huge pure node, that will cause it to remove flux very fast

BirdOfPrey

Jul 29, 2019
I think about setting up shop somewhere else because of those annoying wisps
I didn't do any magic but they still spawn and (probably because of a world anchor) I now have like six of them flying around my base
can I just chop down some of those silverwood trees (I think I found 3 of them), plant the saplings around my base, use bonemeal, rinse and repeat and they will go away?
I'm not in creative mode btw

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I think about setting up shop somewhere else because of those annoying wisps
I didn't do any magic but they still spawn and (probably because of a world anchor) I now have like six of them flying around my base
can I just chop down some of those silverwood trees (I think I found 3 of them), plant the saplings around my base, use bonemeal, rinse and repeat and they will go away?
I'm not in creative mode btw

I'm like 99% sure bonemeal doesn't work on them but chop them down hope for a sapling and then yes plant them near your house it should lower flux... Hope this answers your question

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
what I do to get rid of flux:

my house node is like a 400 one (or somewhere between 300-600 for you), and the one powering it is a 600 (or 400-800 for you), I used a crapload of silverwood to create a brand new node of 450 (or bigger than your house node), then moved my house node towards the new pure node bigger than it, the pure swallowed the normal one, and got a bigger pure node one that takes care of the flux in my house.

Reactions: TheWhiteTyger

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
I'm like 99% sure bonemeal doesn't work on them but chop them down hope for a sapling and then yes plant them near your house it should lower flux... Hope this answers your question

True, bonemeal doesnt work on silverwood saplings, however, you can insta-grow a silverwood tree by using the hoe of growth ;)

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
You can also spawn in the Crystals and start moving nearby nodes into your node if you don't feel like cutting down dozens of Silverwood Trees, which is boring even with an Axe of the Stream. Pretty easy with Creative Mode flying...

Thaumcraft could add a Creative-only item that would let you spawn a node with characteristics determined by you, it would be quite nice to test some things out.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
You can also spawn in the Crystals and start moving nearby nodes into your node if you don't feel like cutting down dozens of Silverwood Trees, which is boring even with an Axe of the Stream. Pretty easy with Creative Mode flying...

Thaumcraft could add a Creative-only item that would let you spawn a node with characteristics determined by you, it would be quite nice to test some things out.

Vis crystals only create vis
moving aura creates flux