Geting started . . .

Pyrin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello to whoever moderates this thread. EDIT: (scott?)

I'm trying to start playing FTB, and I saw that you have to get MC and the .exe. Since I am a total newbie when it comes to anything other that playing, I was wondering how I would be able to get the specific version of MC needed for the current version of FTB.

Also, for future reference, which threads would you recommend for
1) - questions like this and
2) - questions about game-play?

Thanks for your time.

EDIT PS: is there any button on the front page or in my account that will let me see new answers to any of my posts? Found it

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Hello to whoever moderates this thread. EDIT: (scott?)

I'm trying to start playing FTB, and I saw that you have to get MC and the .exe. Since I am a total newbie when it comes to anything other that playing, I was wondering how I would be able to get the specific version of MC needed for the current version of FTB.

Also, for future reference, which threads would you recommend for
1) - questions like this and
2) - questions about game-play?

Thanks for your time.

EDIT PS: is there any button on the front page or in my account that will let me see new answers to any of my posts? Found it

All you have to do is:
  1. Download the FTB launcher here.
  2. Open the FTB launcher.
  3. On the bottom right click where it says "Select Profile" and click on "Create Profile".
  4. Enter your Minecraft username and password, choose a profile name (any name), then select "Add".
  5. Choose the modpack you want to play from the left menu and select "Launch". The launcher will automatically download everything you need for you, including Minecraft and the mods.
If you want to play using the latest FTB 1.5.2 v0.5 Beta modpack click here and follow the instructions.
Welcome to forums Pyrin!

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
nice stuff!

EDIT: i follow the instructions but the modpack downloads as a vanilla 1.5.2 minecraft xD

Pyrin

Jul 29, 2019
@QueWhat: (since I'm not sure how to quote yet) With regard to step 4, you said "Enter your Minecraft username and password". I know that means that I'll have to go to the MC site and buy it, but how do I get the specific version that FTB requires? (1.4.7 I think)

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
Of course you have to buy it, everything else is taken care by the FTB launcher. It downloads everything[DOUBLEPOST=1370547491][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try following the instructions on this post. On that thread there are additional instructions as well.

Yeah thank you i was already looking for it. Sorry just posted too quickly.

Reactions: QueWhat

Pyrin

Jul 29, 2019
OK.

I'm behind a strict firewall now. I'll try to get it up and going when I get home, and I'll be back with questions if the need arises.

Thanks for your help

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
@QueWhat: (since I'm not sure how to quote yet) With regard to step 4, you said "Enter your Minecraft username and password". I know that means that I'll have to go to the MC site and buy it, but how do I get the specific version that FTB requires? (1.4.7 I think)

You don't need to obtain a specific version:

1. Create a Minecraft account and password.
  2. Buy Minecraft.
  3. Follow the steps I posted above.
The FTB Launcher downloads the Minecraft version you need automatically, you don't have to worry about that.

Fahrun

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there and welcome! Hopefully everything got sorted out with FTB + MC. Hope you enjoy it and your stay on the forums :D.

Noticed your signature says '50% Canuck' If this is true then I'd like to offer you a Peameal bacon dinner.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums!

When you have problems, do this first:
First (to rule out any possible problem with your setup):
Please follow these steps exactly: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting
This is to rule out any issues with your client setup.

If you continue to have trouble, please post your complete client-side console log in debug-mode to pastebin.com and link your paste URL here.
To find your logs: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it

Philo

Jul 29, 2019
@QueWhat: (since I'm not sure how to quote yet) ...

Hello and welcome, Pyrin!
You quote by simply clicking the "Reply" link in the post you wish to quote. It is always a good idea to quote because posters will receive a special alert on being quoted, so they know they may have been asked something or have been commented on.

Pyrin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there and welcome! Hopefully everything got sorted out with FTB + MC. Hope you enjoy it and your stay on the forums :D.
Noticed your signature says '50% Canuck' If this is true then I'd like to offer you a Peameal bacon dinner.

Never had it before, but I looked it up. It sounds good; I'll have to try it.

Hello and welcome, Pyrin!
You quote by simply clicking the "Reply" link in the post you wish to quote. It is always a good idea to quote because posters will receive a special alert on being quoted, so they know they may have been asked something or have been commented on.

Thanks for the advice. As you can see, it works.;) The internet company was supposed to install the internet last Thursday, but something went wrong. I've been trying to get FTB on other networks, but no luck so far. I look forward to joining y'all when I can.

See ya.

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums. Hope that your set up problems have been resolved. If you are still having problems there are sections of the forum dedicated to help requests. Other than that Happy Minecrafting!