Gascraft/Engineers Toolbox Newbie question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
So I just started tinkering with gascraft/engineers toolbox as I encountered a natural gas pocket in my mine. I didn't want to waste it and read that I could harvest it using a socket and a fan module. It says it will harvest a 3x3 area around itself at the same level it is installed on.

So made socket, added fan module, added redstone input module as the fan module supposedly runs off redstone. Made the remote. Set the fan module blue to internal tank 0. set its redstone to 111, set the redstone input module to 111.

Placed it on the ceiling in the gas and gave it a redstone signal. The redstone module lights up to show it received the signal, but I can't see anything happening. Is there an indicator that the fan module is running? How can I view the contents/space (if any) of the internal tanks? After moving it around a bunch trying things I think I pushed the gas around until it dissipated. But would still like to figure these things out for future gas.

Morberis

Jul 29, 2019
There is a module that you can place on a side that lets you see into tanks, or given the other module the inventory. You might have to output the natural gas as well for it to work properly. I've never encountered natural gas... quite jealous.

LaGameuzTatouer

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Gerald Huppertz! This is working for me! Just need to be patient or install an another fan module. Set the fan module like the first fan module and reset the redstone signal for the 2 fans works.

Here a pic for helping! P.S. RF and interface is not needed!
FTB Monster Help GasCraft Fan Module.png