Games like FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Consumersmith

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in search of games similar to the FTB modpack. Particularly the tech mods (Buildcraft, Industrialcraft, etc.).

FTB modpack is amazing! It's like an engineer's dream. I enjoy the aspect of gathering resources, building complex factories and power plants, and designing intricate electrical distribution systems. Some of the city sim games are great but I'm more interested in something with more micromanagement and in a first person view.

I play Space Engineers. It looks very promising and might be exactly what I'm looking for, but it's still in early development.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Terraria and Starbound spring to mind, they have Minecraft Roots.
Terraria has Minecraft roots. Starbound has Terraria Roots.

There is also Space Engineers on Steam, if that's your cup of tea, though one could even suggest Kerbal Space Program in some sense.

Consumersmith

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
Factorio comes to my mind but sadly it isn't in first person view but from above.
But complexity it has plenty of it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If only Notch had continued work on that science fiction style of game he showed about a year or two ago... I was excited about that one, but I heard it's a dead project now.

Consumersmith

Jul 29, 2019

The community picked up this game and called it Trillek. It appears that its still being worked on although I don't know how similar it is.[DOUBLEPOST=1397921568][/DOUBLEPOST]
Factorio comes to my mind but sadly it isn't in first person view but from above.
But complexity it has plenty of it.
Is this like a modern dwarf fortress? I'm gonna check it out.