FYI: New TE3 addon called "Simply Jetpacks"

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

This is a relatively new entry to the scene. Came upon it recently:
This is a small mod that adds Redstone Flux-powered jetpacks to the game. If you don't know what Redstone Flux, or RF is, it's a power system that is used by Thermal Expansion, and some other mods as well. This mod is mainly intended for players that just want a jetpack for Thermal Expansion, and nothing more.

Here is the actual MCF thread

Have fun. I hope this makes it into the next release of FTBLite2, and hopefully DW20 release 1.0.20 ;)

Reactions: Renerte and YX33A

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
I always hated having to go into IC2 because its electric jetpack was the best this side of MPS. I also was sad that GraviSuite isn't in all the packs.

I love RotaryCraft, but its jetpack is really, really poor in control compared to IC2.

Hopefully this addon gives IC2-like jetpack performance and eventually adds a way to incorporate armor and jetpack into the chest slot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I guess this is pretty nice, since MPS is pretty OP. But the texture though - a style different from ic2 would be much preferred, especially since this isn't even an addon for ic2.

Last edited:

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Seems neat, but after making the F.L.U.D.D from Mariculture I would not want any other jetpack. Water power ftw ^^. Also, would the texture be seen as less IC2-esque if it was just the texture for the specific engine of that tier but with some more bits on it? For one thing that would make more sense since the recipe seems to show that you would split the engine in half or something.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I wish the textures weren't so IC2 - like.
I do like the different colors though. That's kind of nice.

I do wish that the thruster texture was used for the actual jetpack. With the different colors, it would look even better.

KKeys

Jul 29, 2019
I like this find a lot, can't wait to see future versions. Maybe even the RF Power Armor!?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Seems neat, but after making the F.L.U.D.D from Mariculture I would not want any other jetpack. Water power ftw ^^. Also, would the texture be seen as less IC2-esque if it was just the texture for the specific engine of that tier but with some more bits on it? For one thing that would make more sense since the recipe seems to show that you would split the engine in half or something.
Haven't used the F.L.U.D.D. yet due to emotional attachment to that thing, and I worry if there will be dialog from it or not, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I have more fear that steve will start doing tripple jumps, shouting "Hey, yo, yahoo" *shiver*

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019

Controversial topic: Super Mario Sunshine > Super Mario Galaxy

Reactions: YX33A and Not_Steve

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Controversial topic: Super Mario Sunshine > Super Mario Galaxy
Sunshine /was/ on the GameCube, which gives it a good bonus over Galaxy. Main good thing is that they are both different from the usual Mario games. Also in Sunshine Mario was actually doing plumber-y things.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Sunshine /was/ on the GameCube, which gives it a good bonus over Galaxy. Main good thing is that they are both different from the usual Mario games. Also in Sunshine Mario was actually doing plumber-y things.

The Wii was a far superior console to the GameCube, with much better, much more innovative games.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
The GameCube had a handle. A HANDLE I SAY!

Just stop. The Wii had enough gimmicks in the right developers hands could make something truly amazing (like SMG). The GameCube was just same old, same old and that's why it undersold.