Fusion reactor problem.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Hi all, just trying to place a fusion reactor, it looks right as I set it down, then I get the machine block texture after about 5 seconds, then the reactor 'goes wrong' the output face vanishes and the screen switches to the side.

3 screenshots follow, taken about 5 seconds apart just after placing.

Thanks in advance for any help on what I'm doing wrong!

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I have never seen that happen and I don't necessarily know how to fix it. But check which version of Gregtech you have installed and check it against the changelog to see if there were any problems with that version and if it was fixed in a later release. That might help, but thats the only suggestion I can make.

http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Change+Log

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Its the 1.1.2 pack for MC1.4.7, all default mods bar textures and optifine.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.2 uses the new fusion reactor design that is quite a bit different from the setup you are trying there. Is the block you are placing called a fusion control computer or something like that? If so look in its gui to see the layout you need (takes a lot more coils)

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Its called the fusion reactor, but yes, now I look at it properly the GUI does show lots more 'stuff'. Damn it, better get some more quarries going!

Is this the version that requires more than the 6 electrolizers/20 odd centrifuges as well?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Its called the fusion reactor, but yes, now I look at it properly the GUI does show lots more 'stuff'. Damn it, better get some more quarries going!

Is this the version that requires more than the 6 electrolizers/20 odd centrifuges as well?

No.

AQJ

Jul 29, 2019

Not sure what you are responding no to Riuga, but the "New" fusion reactor requires significantly more than 6 electrolyzers and 20 Centrifuges (at least to run continuously) - More like 30 electrolyzers and 150 centrifuges honestly...

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I have a lot of resources on hand, it won't be a problem! Way more complex though, looks great.

AQJ

Jul 29, 2019
This for example is my Helium to Deuterium room (that is 125 centrifuges)
2013-06-25_11.59.21.png

(Just managed to take the screenshot before server restart ^^)

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I already have a pretty solid power supply. Was going to add the required transformer upgrades to run the support machines on HV, then add an overclocker each. Saves a lot of room! I already have a good buffer of deuterium and tritium, as my existing setup has been running for a few days now without the reactor.

low on tin though, lol. Must be 4000 odd cells floating around that room...

AQJ

Jul 29, 2019
I already have a pretty solid power supply. Was going to add the required transformer upgrades to run the support machines on HV, then add an overclocker each. Saves a lot of room! I already have a good buffer of deuterium and tritium, as my existing setup has been running for a few days now without the reactor.

low on tin though, lol. Must be 4000 odd cells floating around that room...

Just remember that with an overclocker you need half as many machines, but each of them takes 4 times the power... My electrolyzer room is already consuming ~4000 eu/t if you do it by overclockers thats 8,000 eu/t or roughly 25% of the total reactor output

The Centrifuges is less of a problem as they natively only need about 5 eu/t

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I'm at work at the moment, so can't check. 8k eu/t should be ok, I'll just have to limit the supply to the matterfab until the reactor is online and supplementing the system. I have a surplus of uum anyway, can always knock out some more ultimate solars to supplement the existing array/multi boiler setup if needed.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Got the reactor together and running, it burned through my stock of Deuterium and Tritium in a few hours though, so the next job is to get all the extra electrolisers/centrifuges in place. Just set 4 max size quarries going to help on the resource front.

What a build that reactor is though, love or hate gregtech its an impressive machine!

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Heat vent on the centrifuges? They have 2 transformer upgrades and 2 overclockers so far, cutting down on the numbers. I'm not worried about the electrolisers.