FTBgrid - Skygrid for FTB [ultimate]

Citrusapocalypse

Jul 29, 2019
FTBgrid - Skygrid for FTB [ultimate]

If you don't know what Skygrid is, here's the video where SethBling introduced it.
[/url]

FTBgrid is this, but for FTB ultimate.

SCREENSHOTS
DLzTEMu.jpg

The map is 1024x1024 blocks in both the nether and the overworld. Outside of that, there is normal terrain generation.

This map is currently in beta and may have balance issues.

TO GENERATE A THAUMCRAFT AURA:
Download the auras.dat file under downloads and put it in the save file. Set your thaumcraft config to B:aura_nodes=true and S:regen_key to something other than default. This will not be necessary in later versions.

I. Map Information
FTBgrid is an FTB version of the skygrid map by SethBling with all of the naturally spawning ores, hives, and some plants in the overworld and nether. The map is currently in a beta state, so please report bugs, suggestions, and complaints. Specifically, it is very easy to change the frequency of the blocks and chest items, so let me know how it plays.

This project may be expanded or modified in the future depending on my schedule. My main idea is to set up trading stations for blocks like marble, basalt and other things which are not plentiful enough or easy enough to obtain. These will have to be unlocked with an FTB-like mechanism. Keeping with the block theme, these will be housed inside 16x16x16 versions of a block which fits the reward. In any case, a version very similar to this one will always be available, probably called the "purist" or "hardcore" version or something.

II. Download
Below is the download for the current version, FTBgrid v.1.0 beta.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j80dhub9p6qoo4g

Aura fix:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ohhv374v2jnw7xo

III. Playing Suggestions
The whole point of Skygrid is to give minecraft a new challenge. In this spirit, I'd suggest the following rule: No mining/farming/scavenging/hunting except in the overworld, nether, and end. You may find it best to avoid mystcraft ages altogether (although it's hard to get pages anyways). Even if you don't mine, it can make it far too easy to get saplings and food. However, I'd say going to the twilight forest shouldn't be out of the question.

If you're breeding bees, give yourself some valiant bees (I didn't want to give them to you at the start because it is so easy to die and you don't have any permanent storage). I'll have a solution eventually.

Each chunk has a random biome to make bee breeding easier. Check the biome with F3. Planned, but I can't get setbiome to work in mcedit. If anyone has tips, let me know.

IV. Modification Instructions.
To make your own custom-sized FTBgrid or to tweak the ore spawning to your preference, follow these steps:
  1. Download MCEdit and mIDasGold.
  2. Download the filter(s) and tranlation file here.
  3. Put the FTBskygrid.py file in MCEdit's filter folder. Put FTBgrid.txt in the mIDasGold folder(same one as the .exe).
  4. To modify spawn rates of ores or add new blocks, look at the function normalp() in FTBgrid.txt. Modify the values associated with the blocks.
  5. Open MCEdit and create a new world the dimensions you want. To speed things up slightly, you can use the flatland setting with a height of zero to create empty chunks. Run the FTBskygrid filter. This can take a long time to complete.
  6. In order to use MCEdit with the nether, you'll need to go there in minecraft and generate chunks by flying around. (If anyone knows a better way, let me know.)
  7. Run the FTBskygrid filter on the nether chunks as well. The world you've created is in your .minecraft folder.
  8. Once you have both the overworld and the nether, open mIDasGold and load the FTBgrid.txt file to change the placeholder blocks to the final ones. This will only work on the overworld.
  9. To do the nether as well, move the folder in your save titled region somewhere outside the save folder. Then run mIDasgold again.
  10. Put the region folder back in your save folder.
That's it. You should now have a custom generated FTBgrid!

V. Known Issues
There is no aura in the overworld currently. See the aura fix at the top of the post.

There is no way to get valiant bees currently. Give yourself a few if you want.

The biomes are too large for bee breeding. Try an acclimatizer for now. This will be fixed later.

I'm not too familiar with thaumcraft totems, but they may be added to generation if they are used for something.

Materials like marble, redrock, and some metals are far too rare. See map information for the planned fix. If you really want to, I think giving yourself these materials and throwing double that in cobble seems about fair.

Lava and water columns can occur if a water or lava source is directly above reeds or cactus. I already think I know how to fix this and it will be done when I next update.

Missing oil source blocks. Will be fixed next update.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
screenshots? what are the new blocks in the FTBgrid?
Screenshots wouldn't be too much different than the original. Just watch that video to get a good feel ffor it.

after playing n it for awhile, It seems that all worldgen blocks are in. This meens ore, basalt, marble, beehives, etc.

Citrusapocalypse

Jul 29, 2019
Screenshots wouldn't be too much different than the original. Just watch that video to get a good feel ffor it.

after playing n it for awhile, It seems that all worldgen blocks are in. This meens ore, basalt, marble, beehives, etc.

Yup! Every worldgen block should be there, other than extra biomes wood and leaves (saplings are in chests though).

Also, unfortunately there is no Thaumcraft aura. Using the config file to regenerate it doesn't seem to be working, but I'll keep trying.

Gonna get some screenshots and post them as well.

bary3000

Jul 29, 2019
oil is missing in the map. if there isn't still oil you can use buildcraft tanks filled with oil

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Isnt it possible to create a thaumcraft aura growing a silverwood tree?
without the infused hoe, you can't grow it. Silverwood trees require a large enough aura to grow.[DOUBLEPOST=1366130407][/DOUBLEPOST]
oil is missing in the map. if there isn't still oil you can use buildcraft tanks filled with oil
That's a good point, except that oil is not too neccesary when there's biofuel. It works just as well, just doesn't last as long. If you really want oil, you can always breed up a distilled bee.

Citrusapocalypse

Jul 29, 2019
The aura fix should work hopefully. It appeared to in my world.

Good point! Oil will be added as well. Like goreae said, biofuel or bees are a much better option for that since gen'd oil will come in single source blocks. But for completeness if nothing else, it should be there.

bary3000

Jul 29, 2019
without the infused hoe, you can't grow it. Silverwood trees require a large enough aura to grow.[DOUBLEPOST=1366130407][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's a good point, except that oil is not too neccesary when there's biofuel. It works just as well, just doesn't last as long. If you really want oil, you can always breed up a distilled bee.
fuel is better than biofuel. that's why.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
For the biome thing. Try downloading WorldPainter. It's a map editor/creator that can work work with mod blocks as well. Think of it like photoshop for Minecraft. You use tools to 'paint' the landscape, edit terrian, set where trees and things generate... or for you, paint where you want the biomes to be.

You can import the existing map into it, and it wont edit any of the blocks, then go to the biome tool and paint where the biomes are to be, then just export it and the map will be left as is, but with biomes edited. You can add custom biomes as well as long as you know the full name of the biome in the config.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/231255-

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
You can also p
For the biome thing. Try downloading WorldPainter. It's a map editor/creator that can work work with mod blocks as well. Think of it like photoshop for Minecraft. You use tools to 'paint' the landscape, edit terrian, set where trees and things generate... or for you, paint where you want the biomes to be.

You can import the existing map into it, and it wont edit any of the blocks, then go to the biome tool and paint where the biomes are to be, then just export it and the map will be left as is, but with biomes edited. You can add custom biomes as well as long as you know the full name of the biome in the config.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/231255-
Or you could put biomes in the filter itself, so that MCEdit makes each chunk a random biome.