FTB Unleashed forcedchunks.dat related crash

Javacow

Jul 29, 2019
I run a private FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 server for myself and a few friends with quite a few extra mods, and recently after uninstalling TickThreading due to a bug causing GregTech IDSUs to reset to having 0 EU stored the server crashes every second startup. The server is hosted on my computer running Windows 7.

I did a little bit of searching and found that the only file that changes between a world save that causes the server to crash, and one that does not, is forcedchunks.dat. Something in this file causes an error when the server starts, and then the (crashed) server blanks the file. The next time the server starts, it does not crash due to the file not having any corrupted contents (or if not corrupted then whatever causes the crash). When the chunks are loaded (eg a player logs in) and the server finds world anchors/quarries/other chunk-loading blocks, the server then adds these back into forcedchunks.dat and saves it. The next time the server starts, it crashes again and the cycle repeats.

I have found a temporary fix (deleting the forcedchunks.dat file every time I start the server) but that causes all the chunk loaders to be forgotten when the server restarts and the chunks containing them have to be reloaded manually.

The crash report itself is attached.

Thanks very much if you can help :)

Attachments

• crash-2013-11-15_21.19.12-server.txt
    25.4 KB · Views: 45

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
According to this thread it is a known problem with MCPC+, but your log does not mention MCPC+. If your server has MCPC+ then you may have to upgrade either Unleashed or at least the mod Multipart to the version in Unleashed version 1.1.4

Javacow

Jul 29, 2019
I updated the server to FTB 1.1.4, successfully removing the crash issue. Now I have another issue, and half of the IC2 cables in our base are "not added to the E-net" according to the GregTech debug scanner. Apparently this stops them from conducting power. I then downgraded the server back to 1.1.3 but using the updated CodeChickenCore and ForgeMultipart. I then loaded the world saves I had made prior to updating FTB to 1.1.4 and... the same issue occurs. Is this a world-save issue or is a mod causing the cables to be removed from the E-net when the world loads? If so, any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure its not a world-save issue. Had updating the pack not fixed the issue I might have inclined to believe it might be.

You mention GregTech, Unleashed does not normally have GregTech. You do know that GregTech and Natura/Tinker's Construct do not play well together? I do not know if your recent error is a known problem with them being put together though. Is the info about the debug scanner in the log? If so please post a new log, actually new log anyway. What were the other mods were added besides GregTech?

Edit: Sorry for the part if you read it a little earlier. I re-read your post and realized you did mention GregTech in your first post. :(

Last edited:

Javacow

Jul 29, 2019
I've added Advanced Machines, Cannibal Cows, EnchantingPlus, GregTech (3.11), Hats, HatStands, ICBM, NetherOres, OpenCCSensors and Xeno's Relinquary. Before updating, all of these mods worked fine. The strange thing is that using world saves that were made before updating (and everything was working fine except for the crash on startup) the IC2 cables and even Applied Energistics ME cables glitch out and no longer connect properly.
I noticed in the server console that when the Mass Fabricator (IC2) is connected it tends to spam warnings about not implementing demandsEnergy() properly, and it does that for a few minutes after restoring the world save from a backup made before the update, then it stops. So I'm not entirely sure if the problem is actually with the world save.

When I did actually play on the updated modpack, the cables and machinery worked fine, but IC2 was generating large amounts of errors every 20 seconds about tile entities not being added to the E-net and other warnings in the console. GregTech also warned about "this version of IndustrialCraft may cause errors, please remove it" (with IC2 1.117). At that point, I decided not to do a half-downgrade and instead went back to FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 by downloading the server, extracting it and copying my extra mods back in.

Currently I am running FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 with the mods (including extra mods) and config that I was using BEFORE the upgrade to 1.1.4, except for updated versions of ForgeMultipart and CodeChickenCore.

Assuming this isn't a world-save based issue, where are the non-world-save files that caused it to happen after the upgrade but not before?

EDIT: I just tested with default FTB configs and... guess what? It worked!
Now to try with my custom configs bit by bit to see where the problem was.

EDIT #2: Doing a file compare of the two config folders it turned out I had changed a line in forgeChunkLoading.cfg to set the 'dormant chunk cache' to 300 chunks. I guess that could have been the issue with E-net and chunks not properly loading/unloading. Apologies for wasting your time.

Last edited: