FTB Unleashed Energy Condenser?

TheLarry

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something like a energy condenser? I feel like there should be a store in minecraft to sell the items you mine up, because really what am I going to do with a ton of gold and silver? I'd love to trade it/sell it for something useful like diamonds which could be a real use to me. Without something like this I find myself getting bored and abandoning my world because of the lack of diamonds or materials I need. Yes it would make the game easier but I think its necessary. So is there a way to get something like an energy condenser in FTB unleashed? Or is there a mod pack like FTB unleashed that has something that I'm looking for?

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there is anything directly in the mod that can convert things like Silver/Lead, and Copper/Tin to other mats, and I'm pretty sure anything like the Energy Condenser themselves would eventually become O.P. somehow :p
Just my view on things.

subzerofox

Jul 29, 2019
Ever try thaumcraft? You can use metal conversion. Theres also the little bit of EE meaning, the minium stone. You can use that to transform iron gold etc to diamonds. Thaumcraft can make copper tin lead gunpowder etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1376789535][/DOUBLEPOST]As a side note, O.P means overpowered. By this he means, way to powerful and convenient, thus theoretically game breaking.

TheLarry

Jul 29, 2019
Im talking "trading" your items, I dont want to have to mess about to do it. I just want to be able to trade item for item

subzerofox

Jul 29, 2019
Then i reccomend tekkit classis. with EE2[DOUBLEPOST=1376792103][/DOUBLEPOST]You won't find anything like that in ftb. You could always scrap it to make UU matter

TheLarry

Jul 29, 2019
It is better, but if you can't find the necessary items it gets boring just mining for a certain item that can't be found.

subzerofox

Jul 29, 2019
We call them large quarrys. They work, and are amazing.[DOUBLEPOST=1376794137][/DOUBLEPOST]Heading to a desert and setting up several large quarrys with a stable powersource, can greatly increase your general item intake. If you don't like all the cobble dirt sand gravel etc
void pipe it, or turn it into scrap.

TheLarry

Jul 29, 2019
Its pretty close to what im looking for, but it doesn't work with non vanilla items like silver

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Its pretty close to what im looking for, but it doesn't work with non vanilla items like silver

IIRC you can edit the config in-game to assign an EV value to something. I'm pretty sure you just hold it in your hand and type out a command to give the held item an EV value.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
ftb is so much better >.<
way less buggy, and much more to do
Don't start that here. But just for the record...
That is your opinion, and your opinion only. It is not right or fair in any way shape or fashion to imply an insult like that because someone has a preference.
What bugs have you found in tekkit? I've found none.
There's plenty to do in tekkit. It just doesn't appear you've been interested enough to find them.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
IIRC you can edit the config in-game to assign an EV value to something. I'm pretty sure you just hold it in your hand and type out a command to give the held item an EV value.
Correct. I use it myself on my server instead of EE3. I use my own custom EV values and recipes for the blocks. Makes them a midgame tool using expensive components from many mods to build (something that powerful needs to be resource intensive to build).
Seems to work really well.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea have fun taking 4 years giving every single thing an EV value. (only like 50 types of planks and logs to config alone) Also have fun changing it often when the Ids of things changes from version to version. Skipping everything but raw materials will some what do the trick but that's would take at least several hours to do all the raw resources.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Using the console commands, you can assign the same value of items to everything in your inventory. Logs and Planks are the easiest thing to do.

Raw materials are the only things that need doing, although it does take time, but worth it (especially on a server). There's no point assigning an EV value to a Powered Furnace.

Reactions: PeggleFrank