FTB Ultimate v1.0.1 Skyblock (40 % updated)

iWolfJaw

Jul 29, 2019
SNEAK PEAK! (40% done!)
Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?bfgob2py7z1i7jh
What's done:
20% ver:
-Overworld base
-Thaumcraft trader
-Vanilla trader
25% ver:
-Overworld bee trader (not useful yet since there's no ores:( )
-Thaumcraft trader fixed
35% ver:
-Added EE3, Red Power and IC2 Traders!
-Starting Inventory fix
40% ver:
-Add xycraft trader
-Fixed TC3 trader, IC trader, 4restry trader
Will do:
-More traders
-Taking suggestions.

2013-04-14_21.32.37.png2013-04-14_21.32.51.png2013-04-14_21.33.29.png2013-04-14_21.33.50.png2013-04-14_21.34.23.png2013-04-14_21.34.35.png2013-04-15_21.59.08.png2013-04-15_21.58.54.png2013-04-16_21.23.33.png
Old version: http://www.mediafire.com/?ei3xajebfesz2o2
Hope you guys like it, something need fixin' tell me.

PepsimaxL

Jul 29, 2019
Looks awsome! Downloading it now. Mayby you could do a tutorial ? =)

edit: So far it looks good =) For the people wondering how to get iron? you need to use cobble and the pihlopher stone and transmute it into dirt Then gravel then sand then gravel then clay then iron xD

Reactions: iWolfJaw

Jakstar19

Jul 29, 2019
Nice. Btw you can transmute cobblestone into flint, flint into clay, clay into clay blocks and then clay blocks into iron. quick tip

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
very good, very good indeed. Erm, I have a suggestion tho. Make another guy (or add trades to that guy) that sells all the naturally found bees (water, marchy, modest, forest, meadows, exotic, marble, I might be missing one or 2), and an apiary and alveary parts for like 2-3 diamonds each. It'll be expensive, but it'd add quite alot more content to it. Oh, and the bees should be a gold ingot or so.

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
great idea kallekulle! I'm going to think about it.
I'm thinking a bout making another villager to trade all of that forestry stuff on a completely separated skyblock. How do you think? Please comment more about my map!
I dont know, really. Erm, I'd say keep them on the same island.
Maybe make a trade to get rid of mobdrops? It's a natural choise on a skyblock map, so maybe let us trade a stack of gunpowder/bones/arrows/rotten flesh for something really underpriced (so it wont be op, I want this map to be hard), like, I dont know, you can surely think of something.

If possible, try and make one of those monuments? I know it'd be very difficult to do one, but if you could, it would be AWESOME! Or if not, make a dual skyblock map, so you can compete with your friend(s), as I've wanted to challenge 2 of my buddies for a very long time now.
In any case, a great map, I enjoy it alot :D

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
that's great! i really love ur idea! guess i should make it now eh?:D
EDIT: I'm not sure what u mean by monument...?

I dont know how to explain it. A structure, and some sort of a deposit system. There should be signs/monitors saying what items you should make, and turn in. It'd just add a challenge, like if you'd make an insanity map (there was one, but never public) you'd might have some advanced stuff, such as a matter fabricator, hybrid solar etc, and maybe some lower end stuff, such as a macerator, generator. Maybe even some mid class stuff, such as an Industrial Blast furnace block, an industrial centrifuge and so on. A reward would be awesome, just something you'd might find useful in your time on that map.

I have no idea as of how you'd make one, but it is possible (duh, the ftb team have made a few)

Also, with the villager. HAVE ONE TRADE-ALL VILLAGER. You'd be able to breed them if there's more than one, and that could add some trades that isn't wanted.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
He's thinking more of an actual FTB map (I think). I say just leave it how it is, the challenges are in your own mind (or in a list like the first skyblock) unless that's what the book is. I also like the idea of putting another trade villager in, on another block, makes it harder because you gotta get to him, heck, spread them out. Maybe add different resources. I have not played with EE3 so I don't know what you can't get from it.

If you want to do a rewards system, use villagers instead of a monument, I don't think they will breed if there is no generated village

This is mostly my opinion.

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
What prevents us from making doors? Wont be that hard to tranport them, but the map is yours, your sayin' goes.

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
well ::derp::...
what should i do :(
Guess i should make them unmovable then:)[DOUBLEPOST=1363615004][/DOUBLEPOST]
about making a multiplayer map, why won't you play with each other on the same block?

People might like to compete against their friend(s)?

dutchgh0st

Jul 29, 2019
Great map! just one thing, it would be nice if you also made a skyblock in the nether. becouse i just went to the nether to get some gold and i didnt expect a fresh generated nether world tbh

dutchgh0st

Jul 29, 2019
The villager despawns when you die, you might want to fix that..

Edit: MC crashed and when i logged back in again it magically appeared :)

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
The villager despawns when you die, you might want to fix that..

Edit: MC crashed and when i logged back in again it magically appeared :)

it seems to do that in any map. was playing on a different map, but if you die, all entities go missing and you have to relog to see them

dutchgh0st

Jul 29, 2019
A villager that trades nether stuff, like netherrack ,soulsand etc would be also a good idea i think. And please don't let the map generate a new fresh nether. create a skyblock in the nether instead

39cluesEKAT

Jul 29, 2019
A villager that trades for Thaumcraft Shards?[DOUBLEPOST=1365552069][/DOUBLEPOST]Should Mystcraft be allowed?

dutchgh0st

Jul 29, 2019
I dont think that the map maker will reply to this thread again.. its been a while since his last reply :(

iWolfJaw

Jul 29, 2019
sorry but i just came home from a trip to 'murica lol!
greatly appreciate ur ideas, I will try to update it. (I'm not sure if I had enough time...)