FTB Ultimate, one of my Leoprine bees took off!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I had two separate hives with Leoprine princes' and one hive became empty. Nothing in it, no combs, no eggs, no drones, and no queen.

Now, it's single player on my server. I know I didn't take it all out and 'throw' it away.

Is there any kind of instance where a bee just gets mad at ya and flies off? like a random chance or something?

I kinda sorta took my other queen and using player data save/loading I was able to dupe her - so all is good. But now I'm wondering if it's not a glitch and there's just a random chance if you don't talk to your bees and keep them happy they just kinda fly off for greener pastures.

If that is the case, then I need to undo my cheated in bee. :(

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
You're using pipes for automation? Could've dropped the bees.

Did you use genetic machines on the bees? Did the princess have a (-) sign by any chance? If so, swarmer princess, they die off after a while. Happens with low quality serums.

Other than that, bug. I guess.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I REALLY hate to admit this...

It was just a single aviary (the ones you can buy from an npc villager) with no automation and just some crummy frames I made with string and 8 sticks. :) I'm just not that far into bees just yet. Heck, I was all proud that i had gotten the Leoprine to a point where the drones it made were stacking and it was all pure and stuff. Not a terrific bee by any means, but - I just got into bees this weekend. :)

Good, just a bug then. I don't feel bad now about cheating a dupe in to replace it. Thanks!

On another point - I need to build a fence around my orchard/bee area... a darn creeper marched in there this morning and blew me up, took out two aviary's and left me a mess to clean up. At lease I didn't lose any bees though. Just some pride. :)