FTB Ultimate + Millenaire

Shone

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

just wann ask if its Possible to add Millenaire to a FTB Ultimate SERVER<---

Thx 4 Help

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
It is (we are using it), you will need to have the clients playing on your server also having Millenaire installed.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I hear that there's some problems between ExtraBiomes XL and Millenaire, that they do not properly support eachother.
I don't know if this has been fixed already or not.

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
As in most cases, there is only one way to find out: Test it :). Its atleast been working for us since the start of 1.4.7, havent tested for 1.5.1 yet, but gonna do that this week.

Shone

Jul 29, 2019
Can u make a short tutorial of what i have to change in SP(Client) and MP(Server). ?? Please iam not that as good in Minecraft Servering i only play with a friend on an 2 Slot server :)

BrassKnucklehead

Jul 29, 2019
I also would appreciate some way to get Millenaire on the FTB Ultimate pack (Single player). I know there should be some changes to the block IDs in the config txt file. However it never seems to work for me and I hear some people got it to work...I was using different versions and they never seem to work. Instructions Ive seen always leave something out that I guess I'm supposed to naturally know? like the version of millenaire used...or if you have to take out the "put in mods" folder from the millenaire zip. stuff like that I would like to know

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry but dump question! Just tipe it in google and you got your answer.

Anyways Bump!

Based on the spelling of this reply I would like to reiterate my question :p

Upon googling I found that you're all spelling it wrong... It's Millènaire

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
I also would appreciate some way to get Millenaire on the FTB Ultimate pack (Single player). I know there should be some changes to the block IDs in the config txt file. However it never seems to work for me and I hear some people got it to work...I was using different versions and they never seem to work. Instructions Ive seen always leave something out that I guess I'm supposed to naturally know? like the version of millenaire used...or if you have to take out the "put in mods" folder from the millenaire zip. stuff like that I would like to know

As for installing Millènaire, first off make shure you get the correct download (there is a diff in server vs client here):

1. Download this version of Millènaire: http://www.millenaire.org/php/dlpage.php?file=Millenaire4.3.2.1.zip
  2. Open up your game in SSP
  3. Open inventory - press "options" @ bottom left - press "Block/Item ID Settings" - press "Dump ID map now"
  4. Locate your ultimate (or whatever pack you are using) on your harddrive. Easiest way is to search for the same txt name of the ID dump you did over here
  5. Open up the zip. Do not copy the download directly into the modfolder, that wont work in this case. Copy the corresponding parts into where its said to be installed.

Now for the configpart. You allready shoould have located your folder where you put the mods in, now get that ID dump opened (you can use notpad etc for this). For actually changing Millènaire configs this is NOT done in the configfolder. Millènaire configs are found under mods/millenaire/config.txt. Now just check the ID`s of Millènaire vs the ID dump, and just change the ID`s of Millènaire that will conflict. Before saving (and this IS important), close down your FTB launcher completly. You cant do edits while its running. When its closed, save the changes done in the configfile, and just start it all up again.

Hope that helped :)

BrassKnucklehead

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm it helps a little. It still doesn't register the mod at all. I think the mistake I'm making is when I put it into the mod folder. I'm not sure if I drag over the entire millenaire zip (with the readmes and the one folder leading to more) or put that one folder ("put in mods") or if I take the Millenaire zip, Millenaire folder, and Millenaire-custom folder out of the "put in mods" folder and put those 3 things directly into the Ultimate mod list. That's roughly worded but hopefully you understand what I mean. When I start up the game it doesn't have anything Millenaire related so it's not like the block IDs are wrong (speaking of which i used IDs in the early 400s since they were unused), it doesn't even register. I notice the Ultimate mod pack has no folders. just RARs and Jars. So I'm not sure which 'corresponding' parts to put the millenaire stuff. Probably something simple that I'm too inept to notice heh. I've installed mods before but it's been a while. I know I'm probably doing the IDs right (also what ID do i put for the //new ids for 3.0 item_range_start=)

Come to think of it I may be in the wrong area. The folder that forge pulls mods out of is the one on my desktop labeled Ultimate right? And if it is then I should put all the stuff there however it won't let me seem to edit anything, whether the game is running or not. This just gets more complicated than needed heh

*Edit did manage to put things in the mods folder of the Ultimate folder, however game crashes. Either way, wiped it and started anew.

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
Basicly, there are 1 jar and 2 folders inside the download that goes into the modfolder. Mill dont unzip itselfe like other mods do, its dependant on those folders to run. To find the correct folder, follow the dump ID stuff, and search for the text written ingame, that will directly lead you to the correct folder so that you wont make any mistakes.

In total basic, added the stuff _inside_ the zip into the modfolder is how you install Mill. Just like any other mod.

Edit: Mill just makes you open the download compared to what other mods usually does. Just open the download localy and see whats inside of it.

BrassKnucklehead

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting to figure out I'm more of a visual learner lol. I get errors/white screens some times I try, and doesn't work others. I know I have the right mods folder. Putting the Mill, Mill-custom, and the Rar/jar into the mods folder doesn't seem to work (unless I forgot to change the configs this time, I don't know if that causes it to crash). Wishing there was a video on it (that isn't in another language -.-)

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
Putting what you have put in should be enough. However i havent checked what build of Forge are in the diff packs, that might be an issue, but it should be all fine. If its the configs the console will tell you just that. Take time reading the console from the bottom and up, since the error is when it crashes (you dont need to read everything that loads).

If it say something like occupied when trying to add item xxxxxx etc, then your having an ID conflict.

But yeah, you should have installed it correctly, errorlogs might help to figure out whats going on.