FTB Ultimate How to increase Copper+tin spawn rate

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ltroyalshrimp

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

I have a FTB ultimate server. We, the players have a hard time finding copper, so i thought i might add the spawning of IC2 copper via the config file. However, when i set the spawn of tin and copper to true, i get an error that the Item ID's or something of tin and copper cant be found or something, and it keeps me from logging on(server starts fine).

Any ideas? i left the forestry spawning of the ores on aswell, can that create the issue?

Thanks for the help, Shrimp

Zexmaxwell001

Jul 29, 2019
You have a miss match with your config files between the server and you(client). change back the changes you have made already.

what you need to change is the ore spawn rate setting in thermal expansion config. I think you can just change it without changing your config settings client side.

NOTE: This only effects areas that's unexplored! you will have to regenerate parts of your old worlds to see the changes you made!

Zexmaxwell001

Jul 29, 2019
I cant seem to find Thermal expansion under my server mods folder!

its under the COFH folder in your config folder

NOTE: This only effects areas that's unexplored! you will have to regenerate parts of your old worlds to see the changes you made!

Sorry, Just want to drive that last part home. :p

ltroyalshrimp

Jul 29, 2019
That worked, thank you very much, one last question, what do the number represent like "ClusterSize" and NumClusters"

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Or just demonstrate the power of an industrial centrifuge eating lava from a magma crucible. Transmute power to copper.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
You can either edit the configs, or install the Custom Ore Generation mod. I used it before to increase general ore spawn rates, I ended up taking it out of the pack, I found it too OP. It works with all of the mods except ThaumCraft, I think.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Have you tried educating the server?

Odds are the ones having trouble finding copper, are the ones who are branch mining at 12 and thinking they can find everything there, instead of going up to where copper is.

No matter how much you increase the Thermal Expansion copper spawn, it won't produce much at 12.

Reactions: Adonis0

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I just thought about something. Where you are might not have any world gen from mods. I remember on the server I play on there are a bunch of chunks with no modded world generation, we have to go a bit out to get mod stuff.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I second the conversion of lava into copper.

I was always short on copper as well until I started centrifuging lava using GT. I used 2 thermal generators connected to 1 advanced pump and 3 industrial centrifuges. After throwing in a lava cell to kick off the process, it was self sufficient. the GT advanced pump is excellent at removing all those flowing lava blocks that the buildcraft pump often leaves behind. This method produces a heck of a lot of copper compared to the other materials.

You can also use the wrath igniter to turn obsidian back into lava, so you don't have to mine it out.

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Adding another voice to the "just centrifuge it" brigade.

Really is the way to go imo; Lava is the early-game power generation method of choice (easiest/most rewarding) and once you upgrade past it, repurposing the infrastructure to feed centrifuges for metals is a natural progression and has very rewarding yields.[DOUBLEPOST=1369891183][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just thought about something. Where you are might not have any world gen from mods. I remember on the server I play on there are a bunch of chunks with no modded world generation, we have to go a bit out to get mod stuff.

I've seen that before; I understand that it happens when the seed is generated before the mods are put into the server.

Worldgens don't retroactively apply to pre-generated chunks when a mod is added to a server, so even if the OP did change the configs, it would only come into effect on newly generated chunks.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Adding another voice to the "just centrifuge it" brigade.

Really is the way to go imo; Lava is the early-game power generation method of choice (easiest/most rewarding) and once you upgrade past it, repurposing the infrastructure to feed centrifuges for metals is a natural progression and has very rewarding yields.[DOUBLEPOST=1369891183][/DOUBLEPOST]

I've seen that before; I understand that it happens when the seed is generated before the mods are put into the server.

Worldgens don't retroactively apply to pre-generated chunks when a mod is added to a server, so even if the OP did change the configs, it would only come into effect on newly generated chunks.

Thats what I was saying.