[FTB Ultimate] Fusion Power Plant

Thorinair

Jul 29, 2019
This is a build that I have constructed with my friend Rogy over a year ago on FTB Ultimate. Everything here was built painstakingly on survival through months of hard work, but I have never had time to actually dedicate a video to it.

Download world & config: https://mega.co.nz/#!7A9zGYqa!HevJsHo4B_rUT1SxwJDvF_a1KudtbuUAFEjsfzyK91A
I have uploaded the world for you to try out, but you will have to take care of the mods and everything else. Just follow the README.txt provided, it explains which files you need to add in addition to the default modpack.

I hope you enjoy this a little bit lengthy demonstration!

BLSmith2112

Jul 29, 2019
I watched this when it was posted on Reddit. Holy shit. The computer-craft thing is what blew me away; I never touch the mod (for being too scared to even begin thinking of coding again after 1 class from 1 semester in college 8 years ago) but damn I respect the work put into it. Man... I remember playing with FTB Ultimate and Gregtech over a year ago, such great times. I freaking love GT, too bad my buddies and I aren't using it in our current FTB Infinity pack. We built a Quarry and a Big Reactor within a few hours of starting in the server, I really love the challenge GT offers and to see it used in this context is just insane. The framerate would kill my buddies computers for sure haha.

Thorinair

Jul 29, 2019
I watched this when it was posted on Reddit. Holy shit. The computer-craft thing is what blew me away; I never touch the mod (for being too scared to even begin thinking of coding again after 1 class from 1 semester in college 8 years ago) but damn I respect the work put into it. Man... I remember playing with FTB Ultimate and Gregtech over a year ago, such great times. I freaking love GT, too bad my buddies and I aren't using it in our current FTB Infinity pack. We built a Quarry and a Big Reactor within a few hours of starting in the server, I really love the challenge GT offers and to see it used in this context is just insane. The framerate would kill my buddies computers for sure haha.
I didn't work with Big Reactors much (even though I did have the chance) simply because they don't seem as challenging as something like this. GT offered insane endgame content, and mastering it felt like some sort of a victory, I guess. :)

As for ComputerCraft, being a programmer in real life is what made me do it. I don't know how many people would spend this much time coding a software that can only be ran on virtual computers in Minecraft. :D

BLSmith2112

Jul 29, 2019
Curious: Does your howler alarm naturally come with that factory sound? I know its trivial and small compared to your build, but I had to ask as the newest version simply has default alarm and sci-fi alarm. My mates and I just started our world about 4-5 days ago and I'd love to find a way to have such a wonderful white noise effect. Perhaps I've done something wrong to only have the two options?

Thorinair

Jul 29, 2019
Curious: Does your howler alarm naturally come with that factory sound? I know its trivial and small compared to your build, but I had to ask as the newest version simply has default alarm and sci-fi alarm. My mates and I just started our world about 4-5 days ago and I'd love to find a way to have such a wonderful white noise effect. Perhaps I've done something wrong to only have the two options?
Glad that you asked! It is a custom added sound. You can add however many sounds you want, you just need to know how.

First, you need to place the sounds you want in the correct place:
/resources/newsound/ic2nuclearControl/alarm-yoursound.ogg
This needs to be done on all clients. Don't forget you need to have "alarm-" in your name!

Once you have done that, you need to make the alarm register the sound. You do this by editing the config file on the server:
/config/IC2NuclearControl.cfg
You need to add the name of your alarm to the following line:
S:allowedAlarms=

That is all to it, once you do all that, all of your players should be able to see and hear the custom sounds!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

BLSmith2112

Jul 29, 2019
Superb! Thanks for the quick reply. This factory design is something I'd like to try and emulate, it really has a feeling to it unlike most I've seen thus far. Sure we don't have Gregtech, but we'll make it work! Thanks much again for the inspiration :)

Thorinair

Jul 29, 2019
Superb! Thanks for the quick reply. This factory design is something I'd like to try and emulate, it really has a feeling to it unlike most I've seen thus far. Sure we don't have Gregtech, but we'll make it work! Thanks much again for the inspiration :)
You are welcome! I'm glad that it inspired you. :D
The design can indeed work with almost any modpack, no need for it to be GregTech.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
This might actually be the most epic thing I have EVER seen.

Nope, no might about it - it IS :D

Very VERY well done to both you and Rogy!