FTB ultimate configs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
i know FTB ultimate has all the mods but im not sure if configs are the same as in other packs so i can transfer the world.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
i know FTB ultimate has all the mods but im not sure if configs are the same as in other packs so i can transfer the world.

From what we have been told, both the DireWolf20 and MindCrack packs will be able to be upgraded to the Ultimate modpack without any issue.

The most likely case is that they use one main config repository for ALL of the mods that they have in all of the modpacks, so switching between packs won't ever end up causing item ID issues.

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
From what we have been told, both the DireWolf20 and MindCrack packs will be able to be upgraded to the Ultimate modpack without any issue.

The most likely case is that they use one main config repository for ALL of the mods that they have in all of the modpacks, so switching between packs won't ever end up causing item ID issues.

you said that they WILL be but what about current beta FTB ultimate (v0.1.0)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
you said that they WILL be but what about current beta FTB ultimate (v0.1.0)

I would assume that the beta would be in line with the released Ultimate, as the released Ultimate should be built on the beta.

That is how betas work, normally.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

IMO, if you're not willing to edit the configs you're going to have a really poor game

But for what it's worth, it seems the configs as they are right now are basically MindCrack, but with more mods. Specifically GregTech is what people have falsely been calling hard mode.

(Little known fact: DireWolf pack includes a GregTech config file that is _also_ set to "hard mode", it just doesn't have the mod)

Scaffolding

Jul 29, 2019
Only problem I see is possibly Compact Solars conflict coming from a DW base but this shouldn't be an issue at all if you transfer your world properly... other than the fact that you will lose solar arrays =)

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Only problem I see is possibly Compact Solars conflict coming from a DW base but this shouldn't be an issue at all if you transfer your world properly... other than the fact that you will lose solar arrays =)

Ultimate hybrids are far superior to HV Solar arrays - they produce some EU at night and have an integrated battery. They're less tedious to build, but require far more materials that are of limited supply, namely iridium. As well, the recipe demands UUmatter and cannot be solely mined by a quarry. So it's basically a free upgrade. Build all the HV arrays you can manage before your server upgrades.

Scaffolding

Jul 29, 2019
Oh don't get me wrong I use a modified Mindcrack pack that still has Advanced Solars in it even though nobody has any solar panels. I _assumed_ people would lose items upon moving to the Ultimate pack but I haven't actually looked at the config file or anything, from the way you describe it seems like the 2 are interchangeable.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Oh don't get me wrong I use a modified Mindcrack pack that still has Advanced Solars in it even though nobody has any solar panels. I _assumed_ people would lose items upon moving to the Ultimate pack but I haven't actually looked at the config file or anything, from the way you describe it seems like the 2 are interchangeable.
I think that the two are literally set to the same IDs.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
I think that the two are literally set to the same IDs.
^
This.

We set them to the same ID so you can exchange packs without loosing your energy production.