Problem FTB Ultimate 1.1.2 Water/Lava flow issue

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, I'm in need of help.

Our small group has a hosted FTB Ultimate 1.1.2 server and chunk loaders have suddenly decided to stop working.

Onibait's MCPC+ (mcpc-plus-legacy-1.4.7-R1.1-SNAPSHOT-f534-L67.jar)
Updated Buildcraft, chickenchunks jars
Plugins: Essentials, WorldEdit, Worldguard

They were working up until a day ago but now I only get lava from the nether if one of us is standing there.
As soon as we leave the flow stops from both tesseracts and Ender Chests.
My best guess is the chunk loaders are not functioning.
I've gone through all the config files and cannot seem to find what might be causing it.
bukkit.yml, essential & worldedit config.yml, chickenchunks.cfg, forgechunkloading.cfg
I have also deleted the forcedchunks.dat files to force them to rebuild to no avail.

We are also finding that BC pumps are emptying infinite water pools and water flows in quarries spread to a size and then float in the air where you can walk under them.
I've tried setting high-frequency-flags:true in worldguard's config, but that has not helped.
Removing water via buckets does not drain the pool.

**EDIT** OK the chunk loaders are fine. The issue is the flow of water and lava. The BC pumps are pumping a perfect square out the exact size of the loaded chunk(s) and lava is not flowing back into it. There is a solid wall of lava. When quarries encounter water and mines under it, the water does not flow into the space created.

Need some direction of where to look that could be causing these 2 issues.
I'm happy to post any config files for review.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
So after a few more hours of testing I think this is an issue (persmission/config?) with Buildcraft and its interaction with water/lava.

BC pumps will remove the source block of water or lava and the surrounding blocks will not flow back in to fill the hole.
2x2 infinite water pools are drained in 4 pumps. In large lakes of water and lava you can see the perfect square holes appear as it pumps.
Removing the water or lava with a bucket does allow it to flow back in normally.

If I place a bucket of water in a quarry and then dig around and under it manually the water flows as normal filling in the hole as I go deeper.
If I let the quarry run the water flows outward from the source if the quarry is removing blocks beside it. But it does not flow down when the quarry removes blocks below it.
So you end up with an upside down mushroom of water floating in the air.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks