Mac FTB support for Java 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
Recently, the new 1.6.1 Minecraft launcher was released.
It turned out that this launcher needs Java 7 to work, so I spent about an hour and a half getting Java 7 to install on my Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

I then tried to open my Feed the Beast launcher.
And who would've thought, the FTB launcher needs Java 6 to work.

I don't want to go through the complicated BS process of upgrading/downgrading my Java version every time I want to play Minecraft or FTB.

Is there a solution to get around this?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
The possible solution for both is to update your Jwgl to 2.9.0 I've heard that this enables the launcher to run on Java 7 even on a MacOS.

Anth0ny

Jul 29, 2019
The possible solution for both is to update your Jwgl to 2.9.0 I've heard that this enables the launcher to run on Java 7 even on a MacOS.
hey ive been having the similar issue and i tried updating the lwgjl and it still doesnt work but my vanilla minecraft launcher works just fine

Anth0ny

Jul 29, 2019
If you are unable to get the LWJGL update to work, then you will have to downgrade to Java 6 to use the launcher.
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...lack-screen-does-not-load-after-splash-screen

Edit to OP: This is an issue with the way Apple updated the LWJGL files and how Forge reads them, so no, there is no way around it. (If manually updating LWJGL doesn't work).
I have downgraded to java 6 I went through a couple commands in terminal instructed on apples support website and did all of it, even my console detects that I'm using java 6

Status
Not open for further replies.