FTB Server Friendly (FTB SF)

Waffleboy360

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
Chances are you never heard about me, but I just wanted to make a request for a modpack as you can see. The mod packs seem to rely on Forge which makes it nice to force your players to have specific versions every thing, but it also makes it a pain to have your players running that specific setup (thus the packs from FTB and Tekkit). It would be great to have a team build a mod pack with both Forge and Bukkit already setup and common mods already configured for maximum stability such as GriefPrevention, TekkitCustomizer, etc etc. So much is missing to get started, but even understanding that that it can be hard to pick thing (which perms system, what block logger, economy, etc, etc), it would be great if you guys could do it. My hopes are up ,but who knows what could happen.

~Waffleboy360

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, this is not what we do here. If you would like to take the under taking, or if anyone would like to attempt the undertaking of this, it would have to be 3rd party. One thing i would note though, if a mod author has not written their mod specifically for use with bukkit or mcpc plus, they will immediately dismiss any bug reports they receive that have those two servers installed. Both need to be tailored to and if mod authors supported them it would require, in some cases, three separate versions of the individual mod.

gl;hf

edit: i would like to note that jaded and I are going to be putting together a low impact set of mods for a pack. it will be small, no fillers, with mods that don't have a huge resource demand on your computer.

Reactions: lavarthan

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to note that 3rd party means that if you create the pack you would be the one in charge of supporting it. The forums cannot guarantee help with the issues you or the users of said pack have with it.

@Eyamaz I look forward to seeing the pack that you two put together. A little off topic I know, but will it be kind of like FTB lite only 3rd party?

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to note that 3rd party means that if you create the pack you would be the one in charge of supporting it. The forums cannot guarantee help with the issues you or the users of said pack have with it.

@Eyamaz I look forward to seeing the pack that you two put together. A little off topic I know, but will it be kind of like FTB lite only 3rd party?

No, it's going to be an official ftb pack specifically designed to contain a small amount of mods that don't have a large foot print.

Reactions: lavarthan