FTB Server Downloads

Tunacatsubmarine

Jul 29, 2019
I have downloaded the Direwolf20 1.7.2, Resurrection, Monster, Direwolf20 1.6.4, Horizons, and Techworld Servers, and have found that only the Direwolf20 1.7.4 and Resurrection versions work. I suspect that when the other server files were packaged, not everything was included. Please look into this. I am specifically looking for a functioning version of Monster (See Server thread here for troubleshooting steps already taken).
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/monster-1-1-2-server-crashes-on-startup.59415/

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Just downloaded the monster server files and it runs like expected.
using java 7 windows 7.
If you are using java 8 then try this.

Tunacatsubmarine

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, the link you posted helped a great deal, I appreciate it!! :D
Just one final question. So I believe I've gotten the server up so I can play locally, but how would I go about getting it so my friends online can join?
I've already set up port forwarding on my router, as well as gotten my public IP address, but when I enter the IP address into server properties, with the correct Port, I get this message:
http://pastebin.com/uQPhsdxu

Any thoughts?

Edit: In the pastebin code, replace XX.XX.X.XXX with my public IP address, didn't feel like sharing with the world ;)

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't set any other programs for this port. How do you propose I check if another program is using that port?
Skype's a surprisingly common culprit for port stealing, albeit more common for web servers. Torrenting can be a problem as well, as both will often just pick a random port on startup and go with it.

Anyway, bring up command prompt (windows key + r, then type "cmd" and hit enter). Type this in:
Code:
netstat -a -b
Under local address, look for something with: <anything>:25565
Then, look on the next line for the offending program. Check the settings of that program, most all have a way to modify which port they use in advanced settings somewhere.

Disclaimers:
  • If you can't find an offending program, then... I don't know :p Can't help there
  • This'll only work on windows, but Google will probably reveal alternative instructions if you look for "netstat for <OS>"
EDIT: Also, you can do windows key+r and type "resmon.exe", press enter. Under the networking section, there are programs with the ports they're using.

Tunacatsubmarine

Jul 29, 2019
Just downloaded the monster server files and it runs like expected.
using java 7 windows 7.
If you are using java 8 then try this.

So I downgraded to Java 8 Update 11, and it solves the binding problem. But now when I start the server, it hangs at "Loading NEI".

Green Cow

Jul 29, 2019
Disclaimers:
  • If you can't find an offending program, then... I don't know :p Can't help there
  • This'll only work on windows, but Google will probably reveal alternative instructions if you look for "netstat for <OS>"
Actually, I know the netstat command works on Mac OS X (I have a Mac and have used the command in the past, and I just tested it again) and I'm pretty sure that it also works on Linux.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I know the netstat command works on Mac OS X (I have a Mac and have used the command in the past, and I just tested it again) and I'm pretty sure that it also works on Linux.
Huh.
I just couldn't be bothered walking 2 metres to my linux box to check :p