FTB Server configs resetting

GunnerWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I host a server called UKZilla, however, I'm having a problem with configs. They reset to default whenever I try to change them, this is a problem because this means I cannot disable nukes/iTnT/TnT or restrict descriptive books to ops only or remove expensive IC2 recipies from gregtech, or enable http and disable turtles fuel on CC.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You mean when you change the config and save it, it's not saving your changes or do you mean when you restart the server or something?

GunnerWolf

Jul 29, 2019
You mean when you change the config and save it, it's not saving your changes or do you mean when you restart the server or something?
Well if I change the configs while the server is up, the server will not register the change until I restart, and as soon as I restart, the configs reset as well. I have tried changing the configs while the server is up, then restarting, and I have tried stopping the server, then changing the configs, then starting the server again. The configs reset both times.

GunnerWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure about the OS of the host, but my host is Mineocity, they have a special FTB server package.
My OS Is Windows XP Home 32-Bit and I use Filezilla to access the FTP

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I would bring this up with your host, it may well be after a stop and server restart they send fresh copies of the config files over, it may also be a permissions problem again with your host.

GunnerWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I have thought of this and contacted them, they said they do not reset the files without my express request. If I change a file in the FTP, it changes in the server. Unless I click "Restore to Backup" the changes I make are the changes that stay. As far as I can tell it is something the server is doing, as I have changed hosts since the problem started, and it is still there.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
the server normally will nto change configs for you.

Shut down your server, edit your configs, start your server. If this is not working, there is something wrong with your host or your ability to write to the VPS.
I suggest download all configs. Edit them, upload them, if it happens again send them in a ticket to your VPS host and tell them to change it for you and see if that fixes it.

devfourk

Jul 29, 2019
I am having same problem myself Gunnerwolf but with the minecraft_server.jar or in our case the FTB.jar . Whenever I install fighu it gets reinstalled to a fresh ftb.jar. Have you found a solution to your problem?

Maik Kellerhals

Jul 29, 2019
Same thing here with the new mindcrack pack... Can't change GregTech settings on the server, they get reset each time I restart.