FTB News - June 12th, 2015

B

Big Bad

Vanilla+

Surprise surprise! In case you missed the streams and press release this week, well, we’ve got a new pack in the works!

Vanilla+ is a modpack designed around capturing and enhancing the feel and playstyle of vanilla Minecraft. Unlike the Lite series which adds technology, magic, and infrastructure, Vanilla+ focuses on gameplay expansion through game tweaks and mechanics adjustment whilst spicing up the world here and there through additional content.

You can read more about Vanilla+ and check out the current modlist here. Launching late June.​

Mod-of-the-Month Selected

We also wrapped up our first voting session for our Mod-of-the-Month pack this week. June’s winner is Botania with 21.1% of the overall vote! The people have spoken!

Pack development will begin shortly. The first pack release (and poll for the next round of voting with a new slew of mods) is set to arrive in early July.​

Horizons: Daybreaker Pre-Release

Like Trident and Departed, there will be a pre-release stream for Horizons: Daybreaker to celebrate its release. We’ll be featuring some gameplay videos and questions for the lead designer gideonseymore covering both the development history and content of this newest iteration. The pack will then be available immediately after stream on Curse Voice as well as the FTB Launcher.

The stream will run on June 19th. Specific times will be released on Monday.
Horizons: Daybreaker and Vanilla+ Merch now Available

Merchandise for our two newest packs are available on our webstore! You can now snag Daybreaker and Vanilla+ themed t-shirts, hoodies, tank tops, phone cases, prints, and much more over on society6.​

June Town Hall: Pre-Minecon Edition

It’s almost that time again! FTB will be hosting its second Town Hall on Saturday, June 27th, just in time for Minecon 2015. Like last time, the stream will be one part open-ended roundtable discussion and one part news brief. Oh, and a dash of secret reveals. Can’t forget that.

Again, specific times will be released on the Monday prior.​

midoge

Jul 29, 2019
Shame on me. Was looking for them for weeks and finally gave up. Time to elaborate if we will update :)

ElectricFTW

Jul 29, 2019
Will it take long before we will see ee3 in a pack?
I doubt they will ever put EE3 in a pack because
1. It is not the origional mod, they would definitly wait for Pahimar's version to become stable.
2. The mod is way too OP which would make any "better chests" mods out. AE would be talen out of that pack.
In all it's just not a very good idea for anyone.

MagicLands123453

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
Would you change recipes of non-Botania items? if you do it'll be really good because it'll force you to do Botania and not like Thaumcraft instead.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Hi
Would you change recipes of non-Botania items? if you do it'll be really good because it'll force you to do Botania and not like Thaumcraft instead.

The mod of the month packs are supposed to be minimal packs, meaning typically only the chosen mod and its addons (if it has any) IIRC. So I don't think it'll be that big of a deal if recipes aren't changed.

JohnnyMayHymn

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt they will ever put EE3 in a pack because
1. It is not the origional mod, they would definitly wait for Pahimar's version to become stable.
2. The mod is way too OP which would make any "better chests" mods out. AE would be talen out of that pack.
In all it's just not a very good idea for anyone.
Um, are you thinking of Project E? Pahimar is making ee3: http://ee3.pahimar.com/

MagicLands123453

Jul 29, 2019
The mod of the month packs are supposed to be minimal packs, meaning typically only the chosen mod and its addons (if it has any) IIRC. So I don't think it'll be that big of a deal if recipes aren't changed.
Yes, it wouldnt be a big deal but it would be amazing if they would change recipes :)

AdmiralEinstein

Jul 29, 2019
This is cool, but my concern with the release of so many packs is the the FTB team is biting off more than they can chew. Like the old saying "jack of all trades but master of none."

The addition of so many packs will pull resources from updating and maintaining the current ones, as was seen in the lack of updates for Resurrection.

Especially hoping Infinity doesn't go the way of Monster.

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019

What was wrong with monster? I think I had more fun on monster than any other kitchen sink pack I played. Just because a pack isn't updated it doesn't mean it's been abandoned, just that it has no particular need for updates.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
This is cool, but my concern with the release of so many packs is the the FTB team is biting off more than they can chew. Like the old saying "jack of all trades but master of none."

The addition of so many packs will pull resources from updating and maintaining the current ones, as was seen in the lack of updates for Resurrection.

But if you look at it they're releasing smaller packs, which reduces the complexity of testing and debugging and allows people to pick packs to learn specific mods they may have overlooked in the Kitchen Sink Universe.

It also allows FtB to release more packs perhaps at the same time one group works on a major pack, keeping the mobs (from the forums) at bay for a little while. :D

As far as Resurrection goes, you need to read more forums. The Resurrection update is delayed by the Gregtech update, not FtB.

Reactions: dragon_fang101

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
But if you look at it they're releasing smaller packs, which reduces the complexity of testing and debugging and allows people to pick packs to learn specific mods they may have overlooked in the Kitchen Sink Universe.

It also allows FtB to release more packs perhaps at the same time one group works on a major pack, keeping the mobs (from the forums) at bay for a little while. :D

As far as Resurrection goes, you need to read more forums. The Resurrection update is delayed by the Gregtech update, not FtB.
Big project? No sir, I don't know anything about that. *hides*

Seriously though yes, that's the plan. We have such a large team we are able to let some people work on one pack, for example watchful made departed, while others work on larger projects. We've defiantly got some interesting stuff in the works! Stay tuned :)

Reactions: tfox83