FTB Monster MJ To RF

Sporego

Jul 29, 2019
I am making a energy loop in FTB Monster with Steam Boilers fueling industrial steam engines. The problem is I can't manage to get MJ's out of the engine to and redstone energy cell. I am using Kinesis pipes to get the energy out.

Need a way to get Kinesis pipe power into RF

or

Entract MJ's out of the steam engine directly into RF

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Can't be done.... Instead of using the industrial steam engines use the steam dynamo. Power out and steam usage are the same. TE3 will allow the conversion of RF to MJ but it will not accept MJ in any form. So you can't convert MJ to RF.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Can't be done.... Instead of using the industrial steam engines use the steam dynamo. Power out and steam usage are the same. TE3 will allow the conversion of RF to MJ but it will not accept MJ in any form. So you can't convert MJ to RF.
Can't be done using Conduits, you mean. There are PLENTY of ways to convert from MJ to RF, but I personally suggest Emmasher's Engineers Toolbox/ Modular Sockets, it adds a item called a Multismelter(well, it's a piece for a socket), add it to a socket and give it redstone and sugar, and you'll get sweet redstone, which is needed for a MJ Input for Sockets(IIRC), and then you can output RF just fine.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use Extra Utilities energy transfer nodes and energy pipes. They will convert MJ to RF, and RF to MJ.