FTB mod pack comparison

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jessassin

Jul 29, 2019
In case anyone is interested, I have created a modpack comparison spreadsheet.

I opted to leave out the 1.2.5-compatible modpacks for now, but if there is enough interest, I may add them in (or if you're super awesome, you can do it for me! )

Google doc link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Airn_vDKM5mLdEw1ZTBWNWR4akVHajJuZ1ZJb0d0dlE

HTML page link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ajJuZ1ZJb0d0dlE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Let me know if I screwed up on something, as it is quite likely.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Followed your link from that other topic. That's still a very useful sheet. Confirms for me that the DW pack is almost exactly the one I want.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Nice colours... although it kinda hurts my eyes. Also, Factorization isn't in Magic World. Haven't seen any other problems yet.

mr_vit

Jul 29, 2019
Good one.
Python - nothing personal, U started good job, but this one looks more promising (except mb coloring :) ), why U both guys not continue this one together? Together U can do this very exact and useful.

P.S. As for colors, IMHO just less bright colors using there will make it much better. Check additional palletes there.
P.P.S. Will also be good to have some total line with just summary about mods count in pack (will help people whose want to have just max pack, or less cuz of potential lags or smth). Also suggesting to have somekind of yellow (or blue), for mods which are not in pack just yet (due to some known reason, like update pending or smth).

Anyway tnx for both of U, this really helps.

jessassin

Jul 29, 2019
Nice colours... although it kinda hurts my eyes. Also, Factorization isn't in Magic World. Haven't seen any other problems yet.

Factorization isn't listed as being in magic world

I will work on coloring now, red/green sounded good at the time, but I can see what you mean.

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
Great job! I was thinking about doing something similar in a txt or something for my own use, saves me the trouble and gets out to the public.w
Would be cool if something like this were actually intergrated into the main site with some search and filter funktions[DOUBLEPOST=1356363022][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm not to familiar with using google docs, so dont know if this is can be done.
Using excel you can lock the the top rows so they dont scroll down with the rest of the window, it makes it alot easier to keep track of witch colums you are comparing

Catfather12

Jul 29, 2019
Only thing I want to add to the mindcrack is portalgun...Has anyone tried with success? If so, how?

jessassin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not to familiar with using google docs, so dont know if this is can be done.
Using excel you can lock the the top rows so they dont scroll down with the rest of the window, it makes it alot easier to keep track of witch colums you are comparing

It can be done - and now it is :) Thanks for the suggestion![DOUBLEPOST=1356365831][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks Jessassin. The colors make it easier for quick comparison. Maybe you could substitute Blue for Red.

I've already tried blue, but it seemed too neutral. For now red will stay, but feel free to duplicate the spreadsheet and modify the color palette if you wish :)

Glought

Jul 29, 2019
In case anyone is interested, I have created a modpack comparison spreadsheet.

I opted to leave out the 1.2.5-compatible modpacks for now, but if there is enough interest, I may add them in (or if you're super awesome, you can do it for me! )

Google doc link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Airn_vDKM5mLdEw1ZTBWNWR4akVHajJuZ1ZJb0d0dlE

HTML page link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ajJuZ1ZJb0d0dlE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Let me know if I screwed up on something, as it is quite likely.
Here is a more organized spreadsheet i just modified your spreadsheet. it is way easier to read now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An8eTuKusPTzdENnOGVHcGNMWVh0UUNHZm1ZM1I2Z1E

mr_vit

Jul 29, 2019
All I can say is "yuck" lol - it's nice to have version numbers, but it is not aesthetically pleasing. Especially not when trying to compare packs based on contents.

Agree, versions are good to have, but it's terrible to read things there. Some color coding will help a lot. One Posted by Hamster is more informative mb, but Jessassinis much easyer for fast reading.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't create it, found it in a different thread. I don't remember which thread, so can't credit the creator, but had the tab still open :)

Azsedcf

Jul 29, 2019
I see no mention of the title menu music mod for the Mindcrack Pack. Even though it only plays the new music while you are on the title menu, it is listed under the LiteMods buttion.

Zeph

Jul 29, 2019
This is fantastic.

Would it be possible to add a "Tekkit" column (as a separate thing from the FTB ones). Perhaps orange-colour the "outdated" mods.