FTB Lite 1.7.10

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Before I get involved with this modpack, I looked thru NEI, I typed "conduit" and see nothing, I typed "duct" and see nothing. Yes, I do know Thermal Expansion has removed all conduits/ducts and will be issuing a "sub-mod" that will be called Thermal Dynamics from what I heard... so two questions:

1. What are you doing to transmit RF power in Lite? I also looked for EnderIO and didn't see it.
2. When will TE be releasing conduits/ducts?

I really don't want to play Lite right now if there's no method of RF power transmission tho I might fiddle with it for a short while I suppose.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Utilities Energy transfer nodes and pipes.

Why are they even splitting TE into a bunch of mods anyway?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Utilities Energy transfer nodes and pipes.

Why are they even splitting TE into a bunch of mods anyway?

From my experience in Monster, the conduits had issues. Duplication of fluids, etc. Something was wrong, and they knew it. They knew they had to make a radical change I think.

Here's something I found today... quite revealing, apparently conduits aren't all that simple to program.

http://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=713001

"Ducts will be a fair bit later, as we want a really awesome and modular API for interacting with these things this go around. There's a lot of thought that goes into doing this, given their code complexity... ~King Lemming"

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Well since the conduit issue is solved for now, let's open the discussion up a bit then - what have you found in Lite so far that has excited you? Did you find something new and cool that some of us who haven't played any of the 1.7 mods yet might enjoy hearing about?