FTB Launcher won't even start

Ollie.Ellis1997

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've played FTB for a while on my laptop, which is 64 bit windows. I've been playing most days in the last week, and today i launched the launcher, and the console and the launcher itself stayed on a white screen for a few minutes, then the following log appeared in the console.

http://pastebin.com/8LWZf9nZ

Before today, I had 64 bit Java installed version 7 U51, but when that meesage appeared in the console, i checked the Java website, and it recommends 32bit, so after unistalling 64bit, restart and install 32bit the messgage occured again!!

If anyone could help i would be completely grateful

Thanks

StoneyMahoney

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem here, the launcher and console windows stay white and do nothing with similar messages in the logs.

I am also having a further symptom - if I try to redownload the .exe launcher, the download immediately suffers a connection reset failure. If I try to download the .jar launcher, a message from my ISP (TalkTalk in the UK) comes up telling me the site I am attempting to access has been blocked and is currently in the "Weapons and Violence" category of the filter. I'm wondering if the .xml files the launcher uses to list it's mods, maps etc. are also being blocked by the same filter and it's taking a few minutes for it to timeout when trying to get them from their current location?

I'm complained to the ISP, but previous complaints I've made about their heavy-handed web filter have fallen on deaf ears.

Ollie.Ellis1997

Jul 29, 2019
I'm with talk talk (uk aswell) but I don't get blocked, and I've tried reinstalling ftb both jar and exe and it doesn't make a difference

StoneyMahoney

Jul 29, 2019
Just confirmed that the problem, at least for myself, is ISP related. My original report related to my desktop PC. My laptop also has exactly the same problem when attempting to run the launcher at home. If I go to my next-door neighbour's, using a different ISP (Virgin) without any by-default filtering, I have no problem at all with the launcher.

Ollie Ellis, does your ISP use any filtering?

I'll post this on the new tech support site as well.

EDIT: TalkTalk's filtering is enabled by default for everyone, so unless you've turned it off you've got filtering in place. That said, let me know if you've turned it off and I'll have a poke around some more.

Ollie.Ellis1997

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it does, I've turned it off, but still get the same problem. It's like it doesn't want to use the preferred java which is the only one I've installed

StoneyMahoney

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it would be nice to actually play Minecraft at home, my neighbour is a world of tanks fanatic.... ;)

I've opened a ticket on the new tech support page for this.

rewbycraft

Jul 29, 2019
The issue is a corrupted modpack def. If you're on windows there should be a folder called ModPacks in %APPDATA%\.ftblauncher. Delete that folder and relaunch the FTB launcher, it will trigger a redownload of the pack defs and fix it. It won't hurt your worlds.