FTB Launcher with 1.6.4 Packs and liteloader

shivalwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone been able to get liteloader running with the DW20 1.6.4 pack.
Tried putting it in all the normal mod places and it shows that its injecting itself and all that but it does not seem to be running.

Anyone have any suggestions.

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
i have been trying, but because liteloader is a "mod loader" like forge is and liteloader typically makes itself load first, then loads forge after (chainloading)
but because of the way 1.6 changed the way minecraft was launched, (hence the new vanilla launcher) FTB, instead of rewriting their launcher for the 1.6.4 mod packs, just kind of "hot-wired" it to launch them instead (or at least that's what i'm lead or believe)

i'll post back if i do get it working, but its unlikely without playing about with the minecraft.jar

UPDATE: i tried editing the 1.6.4.json file in the versions folder, but it appears the launcher overwrites this each time you start the modpack. setting it read-only causes the launcher to crash with this error:
Code:
From Console: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\.FeedTheBeast\versions\1.6.4\1.6.4.json (Access is denied)
From Console: at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
From Console: at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
From Console: at net.ftb.util.DownloadUtils.downloadToFile(DownloadUtils.java:137)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.gatherAssets(LaunchFrame.java:984)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.setupNewStyle(LaunchFrame.java:714)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.runGameUpdater(LaunchFrame.java:654)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.access$600(LaunchFrame.java:128)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame$13.done(LaunchFrame.java:616)
From Console: at javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
From Console: at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
From Console: at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
From Console: at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.NullPointerException
this confirms my previous theory that the launcher replaces the file every time the modpack starts:
Code:
From Console: at net.ftb.util.DownloadUtils.downloadToFile(DownloadUtils.java:137)

SOLUTION FOUND! SEE MY NEXT POST!

Last edited:

shivalwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for attempting to get it going I don't feel so bad now for failing.

I attempted the same thing with the version json file and got the same crash result.

I also tried following the instructions putting it directly into the minecraft jar but i think i screwed up somewhere as it failed badly.

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!!!!

here are the instructions:

1. download This Zip File and extract it somewhere. (it contains the files you need)
2. open your FTB install location (it will be shown in the settings tab of the launcher)
3. copy the librarys folder from the zip into that folder (it should ask you to merge it)
4. copy the pack.json file from it to the minecraft folder of the modpack you want to add liteloader to (so for the Direwolf20 pack, it would be: <FTB INSTALL DIR>\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft) you should be prompted to overwrite an existing file
4. if you havent already, select the modpack and select edit at the top, then add your .litemod files.
5. start minecraft! you mods should load!

This is verified working using mumfrey's worldedit CUI mod for 1.6.4 (found here)

you will need to re-copy the pack.json file and your .litemod files if the modpack ever updates or you manually select a different version, so keep a backup of them :)

NOTE: The link has been updated for packs that are now using Forge 165. If you're still using a mod-pack that uses Forge 153 (i.e. direwolf20 1.0.8 or lower), download this one instead: Forge 153

Last edited:
Reactions: shivalwolf

shivalwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Well that is certainly an interesting way to fix it up. Java is certainly not one of my strong points but I think i understand what you have done here.

Great solution and very well done.

Last edited:

Crimson_Eclipse

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i tried using the method you have for making the liteloader work with FTB and it crashes, i'm currently using Direwolf20 v1.0.14 on FTB and i crash shortly after starting my single player world, it works for a little while, but then i crash. here is the crash log http://pastebin.com/i9Sm2Qqn Thank You.

Crimson_Eclipse

Jul 29, 2019
i got it working, i did a clean install of the modpack and redid the liteloader instructions, working fine now, the only thing that's really different is i don't have my resource pack installed now.

bearbear12345

Jul 29, 2019
Abit of a necro to do this.
But how would I be able to add this to my own modpack (To distribute).
I would not have the capabilities to add the files in the libraries folder, since the files in the modpack are a 1 folder deep.

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure you could since manually adding the library's folder is a required step.
Following the liteloader manual install instructions and adding
Code:
{
  "name": "com.mumfrey:liteloader:1.6.4",
  "url": "http://dl.liteloader.com/versions/"
},
to the pack.json file just causes a crash with "cant find library", even though that should make the launcher download the library if it cant find it.

BUT, I did look at one of the FTB pack archives (DW20 1.6.4) in the FTB launcher cache (found at %appdata%\ftblauncher\ModPacks\Direwolf20_1_6_4\Direwolf20.zip) and at the root of the archive, there is not only a "Minecraft" folder, but a "Library's" folder too. I assume you could do the same and add the liteloader library there with the others and have the launcher extract it for you that way (untested)

Layballs

Jul 29, 2019
You saved my heart many hours of stress. Now I can be a hardcore pony in Blood n Bones. Thank you so much!

Qwerty_Onice

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to do this process with magic world 2 and it doesn't work. i made sure to follow each step to it's full extent. i am not sure what forge it uses, but i assumed it was the latest one due to it being recent.

Avarickan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way I could get that zip file? The dropbox link isn't working, and I've been unable to launch any 1.6.4 packs, no matter how much I try reinstalling things.

Avarickan

Jul 29, 2019
I know. However I haven't been able to find anything else that might work, so I thought I may as well ask.