FTB Launcher not downloading the mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinsdgc

Jul 29, 2019
my FTB launcher is not downloading and installing the mods for the FTB beta pack at all i have reinstaled the launcher multiple times and still nothing.

AllHearsMe

Jul 29, 2019
Me too, seems like it downloaded the pack halfway through and immediately stopped, changing to a window of Vanilla Minecraft, as supposed to be FTB Minecraft...

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Do either of you have a log?
Also need OS/bit type, and Java/bit type.
Can you tell me if you're able to download either of the links in my signature.

IHaveNoExcuse

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem. I have tried reinstalling multiple times (including from the link in your sig, Ashzification) and I have had no luck. It says it's installing the modpack and it takes a good 20 minutes to do so, but once it's all said and done there are no mods there. I checked the FTB folder and they are not there. I had no problems until this latest update.

I'm running Windows 7 Home 64-bit and Java 1.7.0 64-bit

sazozas

Jul 29, 2019
yep. same problem. it just loads up and the menue looks just like normal minecraft and none of the mods are in the mod folder or in the game itself. mine started this thismorning. when did yours?

IHaveNoExcuse

Jul 29, 2019
Was the mod folder empty AFTER attempting to launch?

Yeah, I even started a map just to see if that had anything to do with it, and nothing :(

yep. same problem. it just loads up and the menue looks just like normal minecraft and none of the mods are in the mod folder or in the game itself. mine started this thismorning. when did yours?

Same here, started this morning for me as well, after I installed the newest FTB update.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the menu will always look like normal minecraft.

Do a clean reinstall of the launcher, and back up your saves!

IHaveNoExcuse

Jul 29, 2019
I've already tried to reinstall the launcher, about 3 times actually. I even manually deleted the FTBBETAA and ftblauncher folders once just to make sure. Is there something else I should be deleting?

D

Deleted member 188

Looks like I'm having the same issue. The download was extremely slow on my Windows 7 machine. Is it just timing out or something?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
It's a issue with the FTB servers, some get it, others don't, have no idea why.
Even if i gave you a direct link to the files on creeperhost.net would it still time out for some wierd reason.
But it tends to be fixed over time, at least i haven't seen any other solution exept for getting your hands on the files from others.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I've already tried to reinstall the launcher, about 3 times actually. I even manually deleted the FTBBETAA and ftblauncher folders once just to make sure. Is there something else I should be deleting?
A clean reinstall involves deleting everything that has to do with FTB, and reinstalling it into a brand new clean folder.

Bilbo Baggins

Jul 29, 2019
A clean reinstall involves deleting everything that has to do with FTB, and reinstalling it into a brand new clean folder.
lol i went a bit extreme here but, as i have nothing that isn't easily replacable on my computer, i restored it to factory settings, tried feed the beast in a new folder, and it still didn't work. face it, it is the update that is causing all of these people's problems.

Gilgamorgh

Jul 29, 2019
i am having the same problem .... when i updated the launcher to 1.07 it has stopped working completely. It seems that no mods are being downloaded. FML is failing to work so it just starts vanilla minecraft
i cannot seem to get the 1.06 launcher back (despite backups) so now FTB is just a complete fail. Please fix this issue ASAP

Edit: I have wiped all files 4 times ... and tried every possible combination of option adjustments. Still nothing :(

Edit 2: ok i have managed to find a work around.
*copy your Saves folder from FTB/FTBBETAA/minecraft if you havent already*
when trying to install the mods it gives you a link in the console to a ftbbetaa.zip file .. download this file separately through your browser.
1. remove your FTB directory
2. launch the FTB launcher and choose force update in options.
3. close the "downloading mod pack" window when it opens.
4. minecraft.jar (and other files) should download to the bin folder
5. close FTB launcher
6. open the ftbbetaa.zip file you got earlier
7. extract all files in the .minecraft directory to your FTB/FTBBETAA/minecraft folder
8. extract the instMods folder to your FTB/FTBBETAA folder
9. replace your Saves folder in FTB/FTBBETAA/minecraft
10. run FTBLauncher again
11. FML should launch and tidy thing up
12. FTB launches with Forge and Mods loaded correctly now
13. we all play Happily Ever After :D

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I did that and it still isn't installing mods
lol i went a bit extreme here but, as i have nothing that isn't easily replacable on my computer, i restored it to factory settings, tried feed the beast in a new folder, and it still didn't work. face it, it is the update that is causing all of these people's problems.

This is always my first suggestion (and often a repeated suggestion).
Clean slate, level playing field, and a direction to go from when troubleshooting.

The update more than likely added a new problem to pre-existing problems for most people (like a wild 32 bit Java appearing).
If the above mentioned steps don't work, go into Update temp, pull out the launcher, and replace the existing launcher (in the install directory) with the one from update temp.

ChanceU

Jul 29, 2019
I had problems downloading the mods but i put the FTB stuff into a Folder i made and put it into my Computer files the OS(C:) and now i can download the mods perfectly fine

Status
Not open for further replies.