FTB Launcher - Magic farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihahelbl

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

So, after a great amount of time of rading the official thread on the forums, I have finally decided to post here since I didn't find a solution to the problem many people seem to be experiencing. The Magic farm modpack does not appear in my FTB Launcher. I have tried a fresh install, I have tried opening the modpack.xml file, I have tried finding a private pack code, and still nothing. Is there a way around this? Can I still somehow download the modpack?

Also, when I did a fresh install of the FTB Launcher, in the console this came up while loading the modpack information:

1. Adding pack 11
  2. [18:06:44] [INFO] ModpacksPane.onModPackAdded:305: Adding pack 12
  3. [18:06:44] [INFO] ModpacksPane.onModPackAdded:305: Adding pack 13
  4. [18:06:48] [ERROR] ImageIO.read:-1->ModpackLoader.run:101: Can't get input stream from URL!: javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't get input stream from URL!
  5. javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(Unknown Source)
  6. net.ftb.data.ModPack.<init>(ModPack.java:206)
  7. net.ftb.workers.ModpackLoader.run(ModpackLoader.java:90)
  8. [18:06:48] [INFO] ModpacksPane.onModPackAdded:305: Adding pack 14
  9. [18:06:48] [INFO] ModpacksPane.onModPackAdded:305: Adding pack 15
  10. [18:06:48] [INFO] ModpacksPane.onModPackAdded:305: Adding pack 16

Then later down the line I got this:

1. [18:06:48] [INFO] TexturePackLoader.run:40: loading texture pack information...
  2. [18:06:48] [INFO] MapLoader.run:40: loading map information...
  3. [18:06:48] [INFO] TexturepackPane.onTexturePackAdded:219: Adding texture pack 1
  4. [18:06:48] [ERROR] TexturepackPane.updateTexturePacks:258->TexturePackLoader.run:58: null: java.lang.NullPointerException
  5. net.ftb.gui.panes.TexturepackPane.updateTexturePacks(TexturepackPane.java:258)
  6. net.ftb.gui.panes.TexturepackPane.onTexturePackAdded(TexturepackPane.java:220)

So yea, here's just my penny for your thoughts :)

Love the packs, and I love the FTB launcher. Is a great thing. Though I would very much like to try out the Magic farm modpack :p

Kind regards
Miha

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea why some people are getting this. Hopefully the tech team can help cause it isn't a modpack bug.

Reactions: mihahelbl

Wippit Guud

Jul 29, 2019
I have 5 computer with FTB installed (we play as a family). A couple of days ago, all of the computers spontaneously lost Magic Farm. For some reason, all but one just had them come back after restarting the program a few times. But I still have one computer which won't show it in the launcher. Same errors in the console as above.

I get null: java.lang.NullPointerException on the ones that work, so the first error seems to be the cause.

EDIT: Even if I copy the launcher from one of the working computers, the one that doesn't work has the same issue.

Deven

Jul 29, 2019
I have this as well, MF up and poofs on both of my computers and so goes my let's play :/

mihahelbl

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, is there any other info that the tech support team could use in order to find out the issue with the modpack?

Deven

Jul 29, 2019
I found a fix, it's not the best, but I was able to salvage what I could from the wreckage. I loaded MultiMC and added my MF world and it worked like a charm. I still have my old 2.1 world in MultiMC as well.

As far as the comments by Jaded above, I'm not sure how it wouldn't be a mod problem since it's the only mod that's disappeared from the launcher on not one computer, but two of my computers. I've tried deleting all traces of FTB, reinstalling java etc., etc., and it still will not show Magic Farm or let me add the private pack, yet it shows every other mod?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
"Mod pack bug" = bug with the pack once it has been loaded and you're actually initializing Minecraft.
"Launcher problem" = problem with the pack before you even there.

The former usually involves bapping the pack compiler or the mod developers on the head to get fixes. The latter involves bapping other folks on the head. It's a nuanced position, but it matters. =)

Reactions: Deven

Deven

Jul 29, 2019
"Mod pack bug" = bug with the pack once it has been loaded and you're actually initializing Minecraft.
"Launcher problem" = problem with the pack before you even there.

The former usually involves bapping the pack compiler or the mod developers on the head to get fixes. The latter involves bapping other folks on the head. It's a nuanced position, but it matters. =)
lol well I hope someone gets it fixed soon, I would love to be playing 3.1 like so many other folks are

GiantSapling

Jul 29, 2019
Just had this issue occur to me today too, then decided to search the forums to see if there was a fix (wasn't successful). I hope this issue gets solved soon, because I really want to start that farm up :).

datmagicfarm

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue here FTB will not pick up magic farm in the launcher=( i just want to burn myself with torches is that so much to ask for?

PaisleyPlayfully

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I too am experiencing the same issue. Hope someone figures it out soon, this is the most balanced mod pack I've seen and I'm dying to try it out!

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I've found a workaround! The problem is there's some sort of error with some clients downloading "MagicFarmIcon.png" and "MagicFarmSplash.png" from the FTB file servers. No idea why, but that seems to be the case.

The workaround is as follows:

1. Go to %appdata%/roaming/ftblauncher/ModPacks, and go to one of the other modpack folders and copy an icon and splash image (I grabbed the generic FTB icon and splash).
2. Go to the MagicFarm mod folder and paste the two image files there.
3. Rename the icon file to "MagicFarmIcon.png" and the splash file to "MagicFarmSplash.png".
4. Start up the FTB Launcher.
5. Magic Farm should now appear on the launcher!

mihahelbl

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, dear, lord ... you are a genius. Where can I kiss you? That worked!!

So yes, the Icon and the splash images weren't there. Worth checking then? On server? Or .. wherever this modpack is :p

Much appreciated Tristam! Thank you.

Problem solved (kind of)

Babyshoes

Jul 29, 2019
I followed your steps and magic farm still won't appear in my ftb launcher. Are there any other methods that work?

pokemonexp3

Jul 29, 2019
I followed your steps and magic farm still won't appear in my ftb launcher. Are there any other methods that work?
I got the same problem. I also notices all other "icons" are called logos and none of them end in .png
Maybe it is hidden, I don't know but that may be one of the problems.
I tried to fix that myself by using a variety of things like "MagicFarmLogo.png", "logo_magicfarm" and some others but none of them work.
Can any of you do what I can't and find the right combination?

Status
Not open for further replies.