FTB Launcher is OP, please Nerf

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
It appears that the launcher has the ability to delete my save while (needlessly) redownloading the pack. I think we can all agree that this is extremely overpowered and needs to be nerfed. (And also, I need to construct an automated backup system. Perhaps I can store my world in an enderbag?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
It appears that the launcher has the ability to delete my save while (needlessly) redownloading the pack. I think we can all agree that this is extremely overpowered and needs to be nerfed. (And also, I need to construct an automated backup system. Perhaps I can store my world in an enderbag?

not really funny. if you really have these problems, you should report them to the appropiate forum category.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, ED. Due to balance problems, we can't nerf the FTB launcher, otherwise we would need to rebalance CreeperHost. If you feel that it is OP, just don't use the world deleting feature of it! In the mean time, you can find your save in your junk chest.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I find OP that every time you update the pack your configs get deleted, mods you added get deleted, and mods you removed get readded, please nerf.

Reactions: Yuka

Jay Cee

Jul 29, 2019
not really funny. if you really have these problems, you should report them to the appropiate forum category.

Not really helpful. If you have an issue with it ignore the thread/chillax a bit dude. Life isn't all strict and unbending :)

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Give it time, Greg will get to it.

tanefa99

Jul 29, 2019
Give it time, Greg will get to it.
I've seen in his planned features that in order to update to the next version of any pack containing Gregtech you have to build an update module and companamacerelectrocentriextracinilate it in a companamacerelextrocentriextainizer.
To make the update module, you need 3 supercompressed iridium plates (9 iridium plates makes a compressed iridium plate, 9 compressed iridium plates makes a supercompressed iridium plate), 2 sodamnfuckincomplicated machine circuit truncated blocks, (which among other things needs 6 supercompressed uu-matter blocks, which are compressed in an industrial commercial alienatic overcomplicated compressor) 2 netheressence platium+chrome whyareyoumakingthis upgrades (1 super platinum ingot block, 1 supercompressed chrome ingot block, 7 nether stars make one) and 2 blocks of ultraenriched supernutricious omega dirt. Of course, to make the companamacerelextrocentriextainizer is another forum and wiki on it's own.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen in his planned features that in order to update to the next version of any pack containing Gregtech you have to build an update module and companamacerelectrocentriextracinilate it in a companamacerelextrocentriextainizer.
To make the update module, you need 3 supercompressed iridium plates (9 iridium plates makes a compressed iridium plate, 9 compressed iridium plates makes a supercompressed iridium plate), 2 sodamnfuckincomplicated machine circuit truncated blocks, (which among other things needs 6 supercompressed uu-matter blocks, which are compressed in an industrial commercial alienatic overcomplicated compressor) 2 netheressence platium+chrome whyareyoumakingthis upgrades (1 super platinum ingot block, 1 supercompressed chrome ingot block, 7 nether stars make one) and 2 blocks of ultraenriched supernutricious omega dirt. Of course, to make the companamacerelextrocentriextainizer is another forum and wiki on it's own.
HAYO!!

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I am a representative of the planet MultiMC, sent to observe your primitive world's problems. Sadly, the Prime Directive prevents me from interfering.
Funny thing, I'm just about to download that. (Should have sooner, it was a big help on my other computer.)

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Remove your shortcut on your desktop, google how to write a 3 or 4 line long bat file, link to that on your desktop, have the important parts backed up everytime you start the launcher. It's an emergency solution, but it gets the job done. ;)

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have any shortcuts on my desktop :eek:
Same thing. Write the .bat, place it in your FTB folder, create a desktop shortcut to that instead of the launcher.exe and you're done. Or, completely without shortcuts involved:, place it next to whatever .exe it may be that you usually click to start FTB and then click the .bat instead.

I'm on my way to work atm, when I return, I'll post my vanilla MC .bat - with a few tweaks, it should work fine for FTB.