Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
$22,013.95
The final amount raised has been confirmed and has blown away all my expectations. We went into this event hoping we could maybe match last years $10,000. Instead we destroyed it. With signed T-Shirts from FTB, Myself and Direwolf helping to raise over $7000 of the total and an amazing 430 separate donators over the weekend. The event can only be viewed as an overall success. I personally want to thank everyone who took part in the event and helped to make it what it was.
For those that are interested, we plan to get the map onto the launcher as soon as we can, so everyone can jump on and take a look around. (beware its a bit laggy :p)
Some images.​
SHZIMRdl.jpg

toyeEiel.jpg

O5defxxl.jpg

TkNsvZPl.jpg

Megagmat

Jul 29, 2019
Happy to hear the event was a success, unfortunate that I wasn't able to participate in donations. :(

Dandycarrot

Jul 29, 2019
Why not next year make this a multiple event stream, here is what i'm thinking auction or otherwise sell say 10 slots for a wrenched competition (this would be best done before hand partly to ensure competitors can clear their schedule but also to allow them to collect sponsorship donations for how far they can get in the competition) at the same time as this run the usual streams and other competitions, I can say for certain I would be able to clear my schedule to help if this would be logistically difficult but i'm sure you would be able to handle it without me, and then at the same time again you could have a fan participation world just a temporary server that fans who donate x amount and over can go onto for the duration of the stream with obvious rules and exclusions such. This would likely be the most problematic concept to pull of due to the server overheads and Custom mod pack you may have to put on the launcher though if you could convince Creeper host to donate the server time that would be grand. That's about all the ideas i have really they are rather obvious and likely problematic so i don't mind if you don't use them but i thought best to share such ideas with you none the less.

Reactions: iStAtiCx

Dandycarrot

Jul 29, 2019
It was a 3 day or 72 hour live-stream event to raise funds for the Child's Play charity during the course of which they auctioned a signed T-Shirt on E-Bay that sold for 5,100 not sure if that's in £ or $. The bulk content of the lives--tream was composed of the old FTB insanity map for 1.2.5 and Slowpoke101 playing Cookieclicker.

Fuzzzie

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats guys! That's a lot of money going to a good cause! The ebay auction blew my mind.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
It was a 3 day or 72 hour live-stream event to raise funds for the Child's Play charity during the course of which they auctioned a signed T-Shirt on E-Bay that sold for 5,100 not sure if that's in £ or $. The bulk content of the lives--tream was composed of the old FTB insanity map for 1.2.5 and Slowpoke101 playing Cookieclicker.

Is there a link to the stream somewhere?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm requesting, and would pay for, 1. Compelations of all streams of all participants in one source. 2. A combined view, with split screen, that keeps the action on screen at all times, no matter how many people are or are not on. 3. A highlights real that covers the the most important, most amusing, and just the best overall bits of the entire weekend.

Yha, but he wasn't awake the entire time, so his pov is not nessisarally tracking every movement, and twitch takes things down VERY rapidly, this has no staying presence in the world.

The last match with his pov as the main one, has some rather huge gaps where nobody recorded, and huge parts of it are entirelly missing.

I was hoping that there would be something like that. The 4th and 5th hour of Slow's first stream was him being dead and so there was nothing to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.