FTB Invitational Charity Event This Weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Starting this Friday (time will be confirmed via our twitter account (@FTB_Team and @slowpoke101) We will be hosting an invitational charity event live on twitch.tv. We expect this event to last the entire weekend and the plan is to have someone streaming for the entire weekend. Right now you will be able to find live streams on the following websites

twitch.tv/slowpoke101
twitch.tv/straymav
twitch.tv/bacon_donut
twitch.tv/myrathi

Ebay Link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/251334643945?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

More names will be added to this list as we get details. There will also be several special guests along the way to help out.

So what are we doing?

We are going to return to the roots of FTB and take part in the FTB Insanity Multiplayer map. Our goal is to complete the entire map during the weekend and at the same time raise as much money as we can for charity.

What charity.

Our plan is to again raise money for the awesome Child's Play. Child's Play is an incredible charity that is set up to help improve the lives of children in hospitals throughout the world. They use money raised to buy games consoles, games, and other related items for these hospitals which then help to improve the lives of the children during their stay.

Where can you donate.

Links will be added shortly to allow you to donate from this thread. There will also be links on the stream itself.

something special.

We recently attended an event in the UK called Insomnia. This was a convention that was also attended by several members of FTB, The Yogscast, Fyre UK, Mindcrack and others. Whilst there we managed to get some of them to sign a very special t-shirt.

cfBd5C7.jpg

This was the first FTB T-Shirt that was printed and the intention is to auction the t-shirt during the weekend event. All proceeds from this will also be donated to childs play.

Please take the time to stop by and check out the stream even if it is only to say Hi :p

Slowpoke.

Panda413

Jul 29, 2019
I love the original Insanity map.. but is there any chance you guys would consider using DSlacky's new 1.5.2 Insanity Map?

http://magikzzcraft.playat.ch/forum/showthread.php?tid=6

2.png

Mods used in the pack/map:

Advanced Machines
Buildcraft
Computercraft
Denpipes
Equivalent Exchange 3
Ender storage
Gregtech
Forestry
Industrial craft
Iron chests
Magicbees
Advanced Solar`s
Steves cart
Railcraft
Thaumcraft
Thermal Expansion
Wireless Redstone
Tinkers Construct

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
The first FTB shirt to be printed with the beautiful logo created by our talented BigBad that also contains 27 signatures from some of the most talented and entertaining people out there (including HatFilms! :D). On top of that, and most importantly, all the proceeds gained will go to the amazing charity that is Child's Play! If that isn't tempting enough to entice your finger into a trigger-happy auction frenzy then you probably aren't even reading this post.

Also, for anyone that isn't familiar with Child's Play and what their mission and goals are; Click Here to read more about this wonderful charity and how they help to improve the lives of children across the globe during some of the most trying and difficult times a child can face.

P.S.: My office wall has a big ugly white empty space on it that screams "PLACE A COLLECTIBLE SHIRT". Expect competition :p

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
woo, my name is on that shirt (please don't lower your bid because of this ;))

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes I see it, it's that vertical signature right next to Ross'. Lower the bid? No sir! I am already planning a defensive strategy for the barrage of flame I expect to receive from my wife if I win this bid and she sees my bank statement :p

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
The current bid has gone up to $1,625! (at the time of this post.) An excellent achievement; that equals to about 7 PS3 consoles at retail price! Almost 2 whole days still left, the more the better since it all goes to charity. Plus, that shirt is one of a kind!

Status
Not open for further replies.