FTB Insanity - Possible glitch in the system?

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
So, I am not sure if anyone has experienced it, or if it was a matter of chunks not being loaded, but I was playing the Insanity version of FTB (completely legit, I might add) and got through about 25 hours with about half of the challenges completed. However, when I inputted the items for the challenge, "Small but Mighty," (8 backpanes, etc) I waited for a minute ... and the light didn't come on at all. Thinking that it was some sort of once-in-a-life-time issue, I recraft each of the items and throw them in again, and still nothing happened.

Fearing the worst, I backed-up my save and went into the monutment to try to find out what was the problem, but when I looked inside the regulator, I saw that the items were simply stuck in the buffer and were not moving.

Was this just something that happened to me as a once-off event, or has it happened to anyone else (with any of the challenges)?

adib

Jul 29, 2019
WayofTime said:
So, I am not sure if anyone has experienced it, or if it was a matter of chunks not being loaded, but I was playing the Insanity version of FTB (completely legit, I might add) and got through about 25 hours with about half of the challenges completed. However, when I inputted the items for the challenge, "Small but Mighty," (8 backpanes, etc) I waited for a minute ... and the light didn't come on at all. Thinking that it was some sort of once-in-a-life-time issue, I recraft each of the items and throw them in again, and still nothing happened.

Fearing the worst, I backed-up my save and went into the monutment to try to find out what was the problem, but when I looked inside the regulator, I saw that the items were simply stuck in the buffer and were not moving.

Was this just something that happened to me as a once-off event, or has it happened to anyone else (with any of the challenges)?
hmm, never had problemws with that. you should try to move them by hand in there.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe the transposer leading to the lava pool (of evil :twisted: ) may not work/is gone or a tube for some reason is gone.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
Maybe the transposer leading to the lava pool (of evil :twisted: ) may not work/is gone or a tube for some reason is gone.
That would certainly explain it.

So, question two: would it be considered cheating if one goes into the system to fix it?

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
WayofTime said:
frederikam said:
That would certainly explain it.

So, question two: would it be considered cheating if one goes into the system to fix it?

I would't call this cheating, you cant really do anything else than fixing, if you want to continue playing. Its not something like giving yourself tons of items.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
couldn't you test to see if the lava pool transposer isn't working, by throwing an item that isn't needed into the transposer, and seeing if it stays in the transposer inventory?
if all items are in they drop in lava.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
couldn't you test to see if the lava pool transposer isn't working, by throwing an item that isn't needed into the transposer, and seeing if it stays in the transposer inventory?

If the transposer is not working, try placing a chest or something.

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
Transposer ha no inv :p however simply destroying and replacing would clear any blockages.