FTB Infinity - Items disapear!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Beatsuka

Jul 29, 2019
Hello

I am not sure how this happened. I'm running FTB Infinity and when I launched my survival single player game today some of my items were gone.. I have so much stuff in storage that I can not tell what was missing from chests if anything.. but from my inventory I was missing all my "good" gear. Sword of the wyvern, Tinker's construct pickaxe with silk touch, obsidian cleaver and longsword all maxed out for beheading and luck.. and some mining equipment from tinker construct .. but all my armor was still there..

Only thing I notice was missing was the wyvern sword and the 3 tinker's construct peases plus I noticed few gabs here and there in some of the chests that are not that big of a deal really.

Anyone know if I can revert to a previous save somehow or how I can fix this issue if at all possible?

Best regards
Beatsuka

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: For single player worlds I think the file you want to copy is "level.dat". Others will have to confirm. "player.dat" is for servers only. Sorry for confusion, good luck!
-------
Go to your most recent backup and copy the "player.dat" from the backup folder into your world save folder. That is the file that gets corrupted and causes your gear to go missing.

Of course, you will only have the gear you had in your inventory at the time you made that backup, so hopefully you had the same tools on you.

Inventory in chests is not affected by a player.dat corruption. It happens to everyone, thankfully its rare.

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you didn't disable it, Infinity ships with Aroma Backups. I believe they are set to back up every 120 min (or maybe I just dialed mine back a bit). I'm unfamiliar with how to go about getting the backup loaded, but I'm sure a quick Google or some friendly advice from the more knowledgeable folks here can guide you.

Reactions: Beatsuka

Beatsuka

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you didn't disable it, Infinity ships with Aroma Backups. I believe they are set to back up every 120 min (or maybe I just dialed mine back a bit). I'm unfamiliar with how to go about getting the backup loaded, but I'm sure a quick Google or some friendly advice from the more knowledgeable folks here can guide you.

Oh thank you!!! worked like a charm! This gave me a backup that was taken about 10 minutes before I logged of last time before the bug accured.

For future reference if people need. here is a simple guide I found on how to use the backups: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas...how_to_use_backed_up_worlds_with_aromabackup/

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Happy to help. Nice that the backup was close enough to not lose much progress.