FTB Infinity 1.7.10 lag problem

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

AlphaJupiter

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FTB Infinity 1.7.10 lag problem
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
Recomended
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Hi guys, i have a serious problem playing FTB Infinity, every time I play, the game lags a lot, fps goes from 5 to 15, and i don't know how to reduce the lag. Here my specs:

RAM: 8 GB
CPU: Intel Core i5 3317U (from 1.7 GHz to 2.7GHz)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 740M 2GB

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Hey man I tried this in my additional java parameters for lag on direwolf and it helped a lot.
In your additional java parameters on the FTB client, options, Advanced options put this
-XX:permSize=512m-
Now if people start saying on here this does not work well maybe not for you guys but it helps a lot for some reason on my PC.
Also I have 4GB of ram just to my client side. Also are you playing with optifine or no?
If you are not playing with optifine turn your render distance to 4 to 8 chunks , turn graphics from fancy to fast ,turn smooth lighting off, or get optifine and I will tell you what to turn on or off and that should help a bit more :)
Let me know if this helps you a bit

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Here man I made a video instead I been meaning to do this for like 2 weeks lol I hope this helps someone

Mystero123

Jul 29, 2019
Go in the option tab of ftb and increase (or decrease) your RAM Maximum (MB) to 1,50 GB, if it doesn't work try to install Optifine. ;)

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Go in the option tab of ftb and increase (or decrease) your RAM Maximum (MB) to 1,50 GB, if it doesn't work try to install Optifine. ;)
1.5Gb of ram is way to low. 2Gb is recommended and 4Gb is very good usually nothing above that though.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe, for me 1.5GB is perfect i have no lags, when i increase it or when i decrease it, it start to lag. :)
What is your PC specs? :p Well I forget I am constantly doing stuff while playing. Rendering or uploading or something running my server 24/7 lol ha