FTB in Creative or Survivor?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
With any of the FTB packs, I'm just curious as to how many actually play survivor mode and gather what you need to build and run these machines, and how many people either use Creative mode or NEI to cheat in the machines just to play with setting things up?

For myself, I usually try the survivor mode, but if I'm either attempting a big build or a re-modeling of something I'll usually just switch over to creative mode. Plus running back and forth between chests, trying to remember the specific ingredients for what I'm attempting to build gets tiresome, so I'll just pop in components to make the actual machines before placing them.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 worlds, 1 creative to test out stuff and 1 survival for the experience of doing things "legit". Usually I try to design stuff to be low cost and efficient, if I don't build or use that in a survival world and I don't share it online then there isn't much point in designing something either... My creative world is also where I test out many expensive machines just to see how they work and what I can do with them, though recently I've been trying stuff out without testing in my creative world as well (not entirely without consequences though xD).

Phycoz

Jul 29, 2019
Always legit. Playing it in creative takes away a lot of them fun for me. I will sometimes go into creative in another world to make sure what I'm doing won't blow up everything I have, but that's it.

Reactions: Confidential1207

Catarooni

Jul 29, 2019
Same as everyone else. Test in creative, vast majority of playtime is survival. I'm not 'full legit' on survival, though; I've been known to cheat a bit in the name of fun, or in the name of testing something with a build I don't want to replicate. I delete most of the stuff I cheat in after I'm done with it, though. I've been playing peaceful mode lately. I miss having to deal with hunger, but getting blown up every time I want to take a moonlight walk isn't fun for me.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Same as everyone else. Test in creative, vast majority of playtime is survival. I'm not 'full legit' on survival, though; I've been known to cheat a bit in the name of fun, or in the name of testing something with a build I don't want to replicate. I delete most of the stuff I cheat in after I'm done with it, though. I've been playing peaceful mode lately. I miss having to deal with hunger, but getting blown up every time I want to take a moonlight walk isn't fun for me.

Same here, but I'm different in that I'm mainly a Creative player, but I do cheat stuff in. Especially Redstone. I remember, in my last SSP world I got to a decent length on (this was in 1.3.2, so I wasn't playing FTB, but rather a custom modpack that was basically FTB with a lovely mod called SimpleOres,) a certain mining trip at level 12 got me more Adamantium (again, SimpleOres) than Redstone (ore, not dust!) And since Adamantium is about as rare as Diamond ...

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Play in survival, test in survival. If I can't find the answer in survival I'll usually check a wiki.

I use creative for theory testing like others - but almost all of this time (which is very little) results in checking things based on forums.