FTB Departed doesn't like optifine

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

ThatTeo

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FTB Departed doesn't like optifine
Launcher Version:
--
Modpack:
FTB Departed
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
1.7.10 pack seem not to like optifine : " Optifine detected. This may cause issues due to base edits or ASM usage." or "Mantle Environment: DO NOT REPORT THIS CRASH! Unsupported mods in environment: optifine"

I use Optifine Hd U bytheway

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Optifine and forge don't go well together and probably never will.

That being said there is a version that may "work" I believe it is the standard version but I may be wrong as I avoid the use of it.
You also need to change a few options according to some other people I suggest to look around on this forum for better answers.

ThatTeo

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine and forge don't go well together and probably never will.

That being said there is a version that may "work" I believe it is the standard version but I may be wrong as I avoid the use of it.
You also need to change a few options according to some other people I suggest to look around on this forum for better answers.

Is there a way of integrating Optifine in Minecraft , like good ol'times when modded minecraft wasn't that complex ,yes I'm talkimg about 1.5.2 . Actualy I saw MeatyLock playing FTB Departed with Optifine , here is a screenshot took on my phone
Screenshot_2015-05-23-17-48-26.png

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Download the Optifine that is compatible with Forge. It will run just fine. Those log messages are telling you not to report any problems or crashes to the mod authors.

XolovA

Jul 29, 2019
Download the Optifine that is compatible with Forge. It will run just fine. Those log messages are telling you not to report any problems or crashes to the mod authors.
I know it can work, but there is further non-crash conflicts beyond that. Unfortunately anything that uses fog (using default forge systems), overrides sky colour (using default forge systems), changes water colour (using default forge systems) and what-not gets bugged-out or turns completely black when optifine is present. I've never used it myself, but I've had 1000000000000 bug reports about it.

Tex57

Jul 29, 2019
What version of optifine is compatible with forge?