Free minecraft/ftb service?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
What do people think of this? Should somebody do it with a free mc server with 512mb ram, paid upgrades like ftb/more ram. But with something like multi craft and 512mb ram free.

Who would like something like that? If you would like something like that would you or you think people would use it?

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Part is who would host something like that as they are going to take a hit on paying for it. Several Hosting companies offer like 24 hour free trial runs which is about as close are you get.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I have a plentiful amount of ram, my host has also offered to help me advertise it on the site if it is part of his network. How well do you think this can turn out? All hardware and software are good to go.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you want to sell it then your going to make a ton of structure. Setting up payment plans, dealing with clients, dealing with hardware and software issues, deal with people who have no clue what they are doing, deal with people who just want to see if you fixed every security hole, how you going to prevent one person from taking all the slots and how you going to pay for in the end because that is all what really counts if you want it to keep going.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you want to sell it then your going to make a ton of structure. Setting up payment plans, dealing with clients, dealing with hardware and software issues, deal with people who have no clue what they are doing, deal with people who just want to see if you fixed every security hole, how you going to prevent one person from taking all the slots and how you going to pay for in the end because that is all what really counts if you want it to keep going.

Well most GSPs don't even deal well with "not so tech smart" people well while from my personal experience..:( It like taking a needle out of a hay stack to find actual support and finally a host that is giving me proper respects.:) In fact they are still working on my server to ensure it up the par. I hope my host search can end with staying with those guys forever. Why you ask? I believe the more hours a person needs the "less" they are worth.:mad: Oh those idiots will not get away from me because those idiots will pay!!

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Well most GSPs don't even deal well with "not so tech smart" people well while from my personal experience..:( It like taking a needle out of a hay stack to find actual support and finally a host that is giving me proper respects.:) In fact they are still working on my server to ensure it up the par. I hope my host search can end with staying with those guys forever. Why you ask? I believe the more hours a person needs the "less" they are worth.:mad: Oh those idiots will not get away from me because those idiots will pay!!

um what?

And also to Connor to add to what I said before just understand what your going into as the worst thing you can do is stat then stop.

Reactions: Harvest88

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
um what?

And also to Connor to add to what I said before just understand what your going into as the worst thing you can do is stat then stop.

Yep dropping your customers is the worst thing you can do as well if your not supporting them enough. That what I am trying to say, most GSPs honesty don't. (from my experience)

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Good, there are obviously lack of GSPs that actually provide full management solutions "fueled" by good will not cash. Like for something that shocked me that they are getting a hold of the mod pack's owner since I want that pack on the server. Now that is support or not?:) I know 0 GSPs that will do that.;) Oh and they are only pumping in endless hours of man hours to get my server up and running!:) Hope they actually deliver it though. But with that being done I am going to risk my money for that since I have faith into them. :) Hope that is right.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Considering I have no clue of who your talking about, nor know why a general service provider would ever do that kind of thing as they are a general service provider which means they just provide a server and you do what you want with it.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Good, there are obviously lack of GSPs that actually provide full management solutions "fueled" by good will not cash. Like for something that shocked me that they are getting a hold of the mod pack's owner since I want that pack on the server. Now that is support or not?:) I know 0 GSPs that will do that.;) Oh and they are only pumping in endless hours of man hours to get my server up and running!:) Hope they actually deliver it though. But with that being done I am going to risk my money for that since I have faith into them. :) Hope that is right.
Um uhhh. PheonixNAP is the place to go for dedicated servers support actually helps you and anywhere from 12 seconds to 20 minute response time. Mcprohosting uses pheonixNAP as their host and they provide good support just a bit slower. So you might want to check them out.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
hey silly I already have the GSP that does what i said. They said if they cannot get that mod pack to work I will have Unleashed running instead. Which is better than an idiot saying "ho well it out of our hands".

Edit and sorry I just don't wanna tell who it is since I don't wanna be advertising.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Ya personally the only support I expect from my hosting company is stuff that is dealing with hardware and some hardware to software integration. I also pay much less then you and have a better speced server because I don't pay for a person to come when I call (considering the one time I did have to call due to a networking problem I got the answer in under 30 seconds, but like I said thats a hardware issue).

Added:
And to Harvest I run servers to do the stuff your letting your provider do. I personally find it fun to get stuff working and I don't think they do all the custom coding I do.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
8 bucks a GB is all you need for actual full managed hosting and I don't means stupid managed hosting, I means full blown full management. :)

added
I had serious problems with industry standardized support and realized there were something better on my "radar" and yep real dedicated support at last. :) Should something goes wrong, from a geifing in the afternoon to a entire crash in the wee hours of the morning. I will finally not be told "no".:)

Last edited:

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Part is you should be the one dealing with that from my perspective.

Not when your purposely looking for full management, many idiots that advertise that just don't make the cuts. Now if your looking for unmanaged hosting then that holds water.

Added
Oh and I am running a server and been with this provider for over a week without a single complaint! :) Man how much non buy able qualities can do when these guys actually cares about their customers.:)

Last edited: