Frame Repair Factory

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I got fed up with making replacement Impregnated Frames, so I made a system to repair them.
2014-08-21_21.33.18.jpg
Damaged frames are extracted by SFM and inserted into Arcane Reconstructors
Arcane Reconstructors repair the frames
Repaired frames are extracted and inserted into frame housing (SFM inventory cables run underneath the alvearies)
Neutral Nexuses refill the Arcane Reconstructors
Autonomous Activators place buckets of essence that flows under the nexuses
Essence is detected by SFM Block Detector - actually, it detects empty space and outputs a redstone signal that activates the Autonomous Activator
Empty buckets are extracted from the AA and sent to another AA which right-clicks them on a Resonant Tank of essence which is under a tesseract
Tesseract is supplied by an Ender Pump in a Mystcraft age with essence oceans

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I got fed up with making replacement Impregnated Frames, so I made a system to repair them.
2014-08-21_21.33.18.jpg
Damaged frames are extracted by SFM and inserted into Arcane Reconstructors
Arcane Reconstructors repair the frames
Repaired frames are extracted and inserted into frame housing (SFM inventory cables run underneath the alvearies)
Neutral Nexuses refill the Arcane Reconstructors
Autonomous Activators place buckets of essence that flows under the nexuses
Essence is detected by SFM Block Detector - actually, it detects empty space and outputs a redstone signal that activates the Autonomous Activator
Empty buckets are extracted from the AA and sent to another AA which right-clicks them on a Resonant Tank of essence which is under a tesseract
Tesseract is supplied by an Ender Pump in a Mystcraft age with essence oceans

just shows how lazy I am... I would just use the basic frames and autocraft/export them instead of repairing them :p

Reactions: Loufmier

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
just shows how lazy I am... I would just use the basic frames and autocraft/export them instead of repairing them :p
especially because the only advantage impregnated have is extended life, a wood farm+any type of string production will provide more than enough to sustain the normal frame production

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
especially because the only advantage impregnated have is extended life, a wood farm+any type of string production will provide more than enough to sustain the normal frame production
Specially when you take into account that the Impregnated frames are something like 16x or 8x more expensive than Untreated frames(when correcting for durability!) in wood, the Impregnated frames are rather pointless unless you enjoy the extra automation step. Or repairing them.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
But, this is minecraft! It isn't a why?, but a why not?

This is still rather ingenious and gets a thumbs up in my book.

Reactions: Tompa974

San

Jul 29, 2019
P. sure the "Restoration" enchant from marine culture can also repair frames, albeit manually. Might be a good low tech alternative, just need some jewelry and enchanting capabilities.

Unlimited oblivion frame uses anybody?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Seems clever; but it uses the AM2 repair system which feels sorta lame compared to the TT one(was it TT? I thought it was).