Frame Drops

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Well since a while ago now i am getting sometimes for a while some framedrops to about 5-15 fps, while normaly getting about 70+. i would love to know why i am haveing them, its not like they are their for a few seconds, takes a long time till their gone sometimes.
But they normaly dissapear after a while.

i could imagine bees make me maybe lagg out, doing more with bees latley. But i get laggs at night too. Is their a way to turn of animations?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
In Monster pack, I have a 5x5 chunk base area, it is chunk-loaded with one of those ChickenChunks chunk loaders.

Every time I leave my base area and then return later, my game freezes completely for about 4-5 seconds, it hangs and I can't even move my mouse. Then it un-freezes and my base chunks load in, and everything is fine.

It's pretty annoying but it makes sense I guess. There's a lot of stuff there that it has to load, even tho I have a good computer and plenty of memory allocated to java. I'll post and see if maybe anyone knows a solution. I pretty much consider it normal, an annoyance I simply put up with.

Reactions: RealSketch

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
dont have optifine, might have to try it, but i dont think its the bees animation, checked up on it again and at night where allmost no bees where flying the fram drop was still their

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Well since a while ago now i am getting sometimes for a while some framedrops to about 5-15 fps, while normaly getting about 70+. i would love to know why i am haveing them, its not like they are their for a few seconds, takes a long time till their gone sometimes.
But they normaly dissapear after a while.

i could imagine bees make me maybe lagg out, doing more with bees latley. But i get laggs at night too. Is their a way to turn of animations?
I've only ever had this issue when i was using an outdated version of java. Are you up to date?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
i will check but i think so,

but i found out that it has to be something at my base if i fly off to a distance i am getting my 80+ frames again. and its permenent now :(
cant figure out whats makeing it that bad, turning down render distance, and turning to fast (from fancy) does not do anythign

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I would recommend to try out opis mod to see what is causing the performance drop.

However, keep in mind that Opis includes MapWriter mod which (in my case) caused another performance related problem. So I would remove opis after benchmarking.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend to try out opis mod to see what is causing the performance drop.

However, keep in mind that Opis includes MapWriter mod which (in my case) caused another performance related problem. So I would remove opis after benchmarking.

ty, i am testing out the mod right now.

btw, my consol it keeps spamming

information forge mod loader current stage is 1

could not that have to do something about the lagg?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Well constantly outputting stuff is not going to help performance at least. Does it never stop?

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
sometimes it stops, but other times it keeps running down with the same information command.

btw, is their a good tutorial on opis?
i am running opis 1.2.2 and direwolf the ones i search for tutorials first only made one for 1.0

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
its sort of wiered i checkt through all the tick times,

for my overall tps i have about 8ms and in the video direwolf postet ones u reach over 50ms u should be worring.
checked though all of the tabs and non show real bad things, or things you should be worring about

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
its sort of wiered i checkt through all the tick times,

for my overall tps i have about 8ms and in the video direwolf postet ones u reach over 50ms u should be worring.
checked though all of the tabs and non show real bad things, or things you should be worring about
Are you mining with digital miner/quarry+/Steve's carts in that area or do you have a mob farm?

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
mob farm, but we have it a long time already and never had problems with it. ( i tried standing near it so no mobs spawned)
have a laser drill (turned that off too)

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
mob farm, but we have it a long time already and never had problems with it. ( i tried standing near it so no mobs spawned)
have a laser drill (turned that off too)
OK I was just worried about XP orbs because I don't think they show up on opis. Try removing any chunk loaders you have. Try closing the console window and see if lag reduces. What mods do you heavily use in your base?

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
OK I was just worried about XP orbs because I don't think they show up on opis. Try removing any chunk loaders you have. Try closing the console window and see if lag reduces. What mods do you heavily use in your base?

playing agraian skies, have 2 lasers, a big reactor, some bees now, 4 huge farms ( do crops take lots of lagg? should of seen it in opis, but it did not show any big laggs)

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
playing agraian skies, have 2 lasers, a big reactor, some bees now, 4 huge farms ( do crops take lots of lagg? should of seen it in opis, but it did not show any big laggs)
Magical crops do generate swirly bubbles which could take up render time. What kind of console spam do you get? (Going to sleep now so no replies for a while)

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Magical crops do generate swirly bubbles which could take up render time. What kind of console spam do you get? (Going to sleep now so no replies for a while)

2014-06-04 21:48:41 [Information] [ForgeModLoader] Current Stage is thats the message i am often getting but it stoped again the message.

Dont have magic crops but i got 4 times the biggest upgraded farm, with harvester / planter and fertilizer with wheat.
I am glad i have every runnning of a power connection, so i turned of the farm for a while, my frames got a bit better but still no where as good as they used to be / when i fly of to a distance