FPS Lock

MajorKokosnuss

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, i have installed now FTB Infinity and i get max 60 FPS. The max framerate is set to unlimited but the fps is still locked to 60 FPS D:

Do you guys have a solution for this O: ?

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't going to be the most helpful reply, but why do you need it higher than 60? 60 is a pretty average fps and isnt that bad.

MajorKokosnuss

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i always play with 200 - 300 FPS so 60 fps feels really bad. Well anyways i found a solution. My nvidia control panel was activating the vsync >.> getting now 50 - 150 fps :D

BSMK

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i always play with 200 - 300 FPS so 60 fps feels really bad. Well anyways i found a solution. My nvidia control panel was activating the vsync >.> getting now 50 - 150 fps :D

Your monitor is 60Hz so you won't really be able to notice a difference in FPS above 60.
I suggest just turning Vsync on. It will eliminate tearing and lock FPS to your monitor's refresh rate, which will deliver a smoother experience. Besides that it also removes additional load off the GPU (rendering 60 FPS is easier than for example 120 FPS). The only trade off will be increased input lagg. But in most cases (especially Minecraft) the input lagg is negligible.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Your monitor is 60Hz so you won't really be able to notice a difference in FPS above 60.
I suggest just turning Vsync on. It will eliminate tearing and lock FPS to your monitor's refresh rate, which will deliver a smoother experience. Besides that it also removes additional load off the GPU (rendering 60 FPS is easier than for example 120 FPS). The only trade off will be increased input lagg. But in most cases (especially Minecraft) the input lagg is negligible.
This is from a while ago mate